Friday, May 14, 2004

I guess this blogging thing isn't as easy as I thought. I never would have guessed it would be so hard for me to find the time to write in one. But I guess that is just what it is like when you are a stay at home Mom.... well, for me anyway.

A lot of things have happened in the last two weeks, too much to mention really. I watched Survivor and Frasier last night. LOVED that Rupert won!!! And Frasier did it's classic chaos, which always cracks me up. Definitely going to miss that.

I have something to confess.... It pains me to admit this, but I watch Days of Our Lives... and I google spoilers on the net about the show. There I said it. I know, I know, it's the old stereotype come to life, the classic housewife who watches soaps all day long. But I swear it's not like that!!! I don't watch any other soap operas and I don't even watch Days every day. Honest! That serial killer storyline just sucked me in, like it was supposed to I guess. Does anyone else suffer from being a closet Days watcher? I have friends who are...of course they too are all stay at home Mothers, so maybe I shouldn't mention them. Never mind.

Anyway, I just read this morning that "the dead are alive"! For those of you that watch, you will know what I mean. Marlena, Roman,etc... are alive!! This big twist that they keep talking about is supposed to happen the end of next week. They still claim it is not a dream or a virtual reality game. We shall see.

On the family front, my husband is building our kids a play house. It is so cute. It is exactly what I wanted as a child. So now I am living vicariously through. We are going to shingle it and possibly put some sort of siding on it so it will last. It has a little porch on it and even a new window. I LOVE porches!!! I cannot stress how much I love them. I dream about them, day and night. We could probably afford a house sooner if I would just let go of a porch. But I can't, I just can't. Ever since I can remember I wanted one on my house, where I will hang flower baskets, and sit on my porch swing. And don't even get me started on Christmas decorations!!! So I guess even though we can't get a real porch right now, at least we can give one to our kids. I think I am more excited about it than they are. Maybe it is because of their age. I have twin four year olds (boy and girl) and a girl who is just about to turn two. To them, it seems like everyone gets a play house. They love playing in it and are excited about it but I don't think they get how lucky they are. I remember having to walk down the road and play in my cousin's little house. Looking back, man was it small!! But I loved playing in it. They had a little wooden table and chairs....I played in there until I could no longer fit. I guess everyone has at least one toy, that stands out in there mind, that they always wanted as a child and never got. The play house was something I would have loved to have, but us being the imaginative children we were we just built our own. And in many ways, I think that was better. But the toy I wanted for Christmas and never got was the Mop Top Hair Shop. Does anyone remember? It was a play-doh set where you could grow "people's" hair and then cut it or style it. I can still see the commercial and hear the song. Funny how that is. I also always wanted to have a doll house. I used to play with my cousin Carol's whenever we visited. It opened and closed, had a working door bell and the kitchen had black and white tiled floor. To this day I still love black and white tile. My husband and I joked that maybe we would tile the kids playhouse. If we ever did, I know exactly what pattern...

Jason, my husband, took me into their little house the other night to show me something. He had measured the kids heights on one of the walls. I started to tear up. Permanency has always been so important to me. That is the reason why building a house is so important to me...it's not the status of having a new house but the knowledge that this is where I will grow old...these steps are the same steps...these rooms are the rooms. It's picturing the sleepovers in that bedroom, and the Christmas dinners is that kitchen. Our trailer is home, and is fixed up pretty nice if I do say so myself, but I know we are no going to live in it forever and ever amen. And I had always said that it's the little things like measuring the kids heights that you just can't do. Well you could I guess if you were willing to rip it off and keep it when you sell the trailer. I had even tried using one of those paper ruler things you hang on the wall but the kids would just rip it off. So seeing their little names and those numbers by their age just made me feel so happy and sad at the same time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|