Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Monday I had a "blue" day. A day when no matter how hard you try not to, you can't help but look at everything negatively. A day when all you can think about is the projects you haven't finished, how your youngest daughter isn't potty trained yet, and when, if ever, you will sell your home.

After supper, I was in a pissy mood. I was doing the dishes when Samuel started calling for me from the bathroom yet again. To be blunt, he is not embracing the idea of wiping his own ass. I stormed down the hall to explain to him yet again how he is a big boy now and must do it himself. Throughout the whole ass wiping lecture, Abby was following me around saying "Poop! Poop!". I was ignoring her and telling her she'd have to wait because I knew she wasn't going to do anything. But then I started to feel guilty, and since I had started the whole potty training process, I knew I had to commit to it. Abby sat on the flush without even using the top of the potty. She has absolutely no fear of falling in like the others did. She pretended to try to poop and then went to stand up. I, being in my aforementioned pissy mood, said exasperatedly, "Abby poop in the flush. Pleeease." She looked at me and said ok. Then she did it! It was so funny. When I realized that she was actually doing it, I wanted to scream. But I didn't want to freak her out, so we just looked into each others eyes. And our eyes just kept on getting bigger and bigger until she jumped up and shouted "I did it!". I couldn't believe it! She hasn't even peed in the potty yet, let alone in the flush. It's funny how poop can raise your spirits.

Later that night, when I was in a much better mood, we got a call about the trailer. A couple came and looked at it last night. They seem quite interested. They are supposed to let us know either way by Friday. Who knows?...... this might actually happen. It is like when you always talk about something in the future tense,....someday this will happen..... but it seems like "someday" will never actually come.

So today was more of a yellow day. A sunshine day. A day when you just know everything is going to be ok. And to think I owe it all to Abby and her poop. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|