Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Ten Minutes Of Rambling

I totally suck at blogging. It's not because I don't have anything to write about.

I do. I have a life. I do things. I see people.

Honest.

But I just can't seem to take the time to sit here in front of the computer and write it down.

My new best friend
Wil, (smile) does this thing where he rambles on for ten minutes in his blog about nothing particular. Well, actually he got the idea from one of his friends.....but anyway. Here is my ten minutes.

Abby, my 3 1/2 year old daughter, absolutely loves Madonna! Seriously. I'm not even kidding a little. It all started when she heard the song "Hung Up". First she started singing along whenever the song was on the radio. Then she started to sing it around the house, while she was playing. Then she saw the video and she was gone. She literally told my Mom that she wanted to be Madonna when she grew up. She memorized the dance moves and everything. It's hilarious! I just introduced her over the weekend, to "Sorry", Madonna's latest single. Same thing. She has yet to see the video, if one has even been released yet, but she's well on her way to knowing all the words. I'm even considering letting her stay up to see Madonna open up the Grammys.

I wonder if this makes me a bad Mother? Hmmmm.

Anyway, I wish I could write Madonna and tell her all about her youngest fan. The other day in the mall, we were walking past the record store, (Can you still call it a "record"store?) when I spotted a poster of her displayed in the window. I showed it to Abby who instantly grinned from ear to ear and screamed "Madonna!". She has literally cried for me to play her music. She watched the last of the countdown on MuchMoreMusic the other night with us. Number two was Pretty Vegas by INXS, which she also knows. During the commercial, Jason tormented her by turning it to CMT. Abby immediately put her hands over her ears, crying "Turn it! Turn it!". (grin) That's my girl! When the countdown returned, it showed "Hung Up" as number one. Abby gasped and said "She's number one! She's number one!"

While I've been typing this I was asked to play the "old" and "new" Madonna song, separated by my new favorite song, "Just Feel Better by Carlos Santana feat. Stephen Tyler. Awesome song. You gotta love that Stephen Tyler!

Well that's my 10 minutes...............

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|