Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Knocking On Autumn's Door

Have I mentioned how much I love Wil? I just finished reading his latest post. He always makes me smile and occasionally bust out laughing. I just wanna give him a hug.

Last night Rockstar INXS ended. Big surprise ending. They chose JD. Imagine! (insert obvious sarcasm here). I knew Mig was going to be the first one booted. But I was really happy that both he and Marty did not get chosen. They'll be better off for it. Now Mig can go solo or the very least continue onto the Broadway stage. And Marty, he can reunite with Lovehammers, have creative control, and soar up the charts.

This is the first week where I only have to work on Friday. Monday and Tuesday I did some seasonal housecleaning. But yesterday afternoon, Abby came over and asked me if I was done cleaning.

"I don't want you to clean anymore!" she said with a pout.

So.....today we are taking a break and escaping to the park. This will be our first time going to the park all alone, just the two of us. She is very impatient.

"Is it time now?"

And tomorrow will be yet another first for us. It's grocery day. So the two of us will be going into town together. How weird is that going to be? I can't imagine just me and Abby walking through the grocery store or eating at McD's together. We really are going to have some quality time together this year.

I'm slowly starting to embrace Fall. Usually this is not an issue for me at all. I love every season, watching them change. And Fall always feels like the new year to me, probably because of school. But this year? This year I've been fighting it tooth and nail. I never wanted Summer to end. Ever. But now the kids are adjusting to kindergarten and I'm adjusting to having kids in kindergarten and suddenly being employed for the first time in six years. So now, finally, Fall is here. Literally. Tomorrow I believe. And I'm ready!

Anyone who knows me, knows that I'm a sweater girl. I can't say why, but I just love a good sweater. And wool! I love my wool coat. Oh and scarves, gloves, hats, boots,etc..... Love em, love em! This year I actually want to buy a new (or gently used) winter coat. I need one that I can wear outside and play in the snow with the kids. Like a ski coat, I guess. But it should be nice enough to wear out and about, as well. I'll have to start the hunt for one soon. Perhaps tomorrow?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|