Tuesday, July 26, 2005

I got a bleeding heart!


Things are starting to get hectic now...as they tend to before you go on vacation. Haven't had a chance to blog in a little while. So I'll try to do a quick catch-up.

Friday was Jason's last day of work. He was initially supposed to be off, but had to go in to cover for someone else. Because it was overtime, he only worked 8 hours, instead of the usual 12. Kellie came home, and was over to visit Abby and me(Jules and Samuel were already asleep). We listened to a CD of her reading a story on Joe Blades' radio program. Weird! Her voice did not sound like her own. More like our cousin of ours. Had a funny moment watching Abby do her Hello Dolly impersonation.

Saturday was Sherry's housewarming party. It went well. She got a lot of nice presents and $210! I got to see a lot of family that I don't get to see very often. Bonnie, Gary's Mom, was in the hospital. Sherry and Gary was told that she had an angina attack. But on Sunday morning they found out that Claire,Gary's Dad, had lied to them because he didn't want to upset them. Because of their party and all. Actually, Bonnie suffered a double heart attack. She had two blood clots pass through her heart.....it only takes one to kill you. She has severe damage to both the front and back of her heart. Sherry called me from town on Sunday and thought for sure that Bonnie was dying. They air lifted her to Saint John yesterday, do that they could run some tests. I was just talking to Sherry this morning and Bonnie is doing much better. She was sitting up and had ate a little bit. They're supposed to start running the tests today. Hopefully all will go well with her.

Sunday was the big day.......the lemonade stand. The kids really enjoyed it.....but not as much as me! It was so fun! I was scared that maybe it would not live up to my expectations or would become more of a hassle, like so much of these things do. But it didn't. They made $18.60!! Everyone we knew who drove by stopped. But anyone who didn't......Samuel would say, "I guess they don't like lemonade."

Abby was sick again all that day with the fever. I had to give her medicine two or three times. It's like as soon as the tylenol wore off, back it would come. She would have a period of an hour where she was herself and then back to the old glazy eyes. We didn't get ANY sleep that night. Yesterday she wasn't too bad and so far today she's fine too. So I'm hoping that it's gone for good. Samuel, however, is getting a bad cough. It just never seems like we can go to PEI without someone being sick.

Last night we all went to town for groceries. I had a funny moment in the Wal-mart. I was alone with the cart about to check out when I spotted Darren from Kent homes. I just did not feel like talking with him, going through the whole spiel about how we're waiting to build a house, etc.... So I pulled a Meg Ryan from You've Got Mail....you know the scene where she sees Tom Hanks in the grocery store? Anyway, I just kinda went oooooo and backed up and ran to another line, then peeked over to see if he had seen me. Then kinda kept hidden until he was gone. Too funny.

OOOO! I almost forgot! I also went into the Sobey's garden center. It was piss pouring raining outside but I didn't care. Everything was on sale for half off. I couldn't contain myself for excitement! I ended up buying another hasta, a Gy-nor-mus rose bush that had a lot of white roses still in bloom( much better than my little piddly, diddly one......that looks like I planted a stick in the ground!) and the best part..............ta da! - A bleeding heart! I have wanted a bleeding heart for a long, long time now. Mom too. So, of course I called her from my cell phone to gloat. The conversation went like this....

Hello.

Hi!

Hi.

I got a bleeding heart!

Where?


Sobeys..... I got a bleeding heart! I got a bleeding heart!(singing)

How much?

For like four dollars!

Is there anymore?

I don't know....but I got a bleeding heart! I also got a big rose bush and another hasta!

Is it like the ones that "he" has?

The "he" is Kellie's landlord. He's a show-off. lol. He has so many hastas, he plants them back in the woods. Pisses me off! Anyway there are these two mother hastas on either side of Kellie's step and Mom and I are obsessed with them. But no, I don't think the one I bought is like they are. This one has flowers growing out of the center and I don't think the ones by the step do that. I did go and check the garden center after we finished in Sobeys, but it was closed. So........too bad Mommy! I got a bleeding heart and you don't!!

Tomorrow we leave bright and early for Prince Edward Island! Yipee! The only thing is that I haven't packed or done anything yet. We have sooooooooo much to do, it's not even funny. We still have to take the tent trailer over to Preston and Karen's. Yesterday it was raining so we couldn't. Plus the house is a mess, and laundry to do, and food to prepare, etc..... But who cares? We're going to millstream.....uh, uh, ah, ah, (singing again)...we're going to millstream....

Will post lots of pictures when we get back!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|