Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Happy Birthday Jason!

Thursday we went camping in Moncton afterall. The weather changed again, as it tends to. So Wednesday night we said "What the hell?" and called and booked a site. We were lucky to get in. I think we were literally the last reservation they took. We left here at around 10:30 and arrived at Stonehurst shortly after twelve. We had a great time.

After setting up and grabbing a bite for dinner, we headed out to the city. There I had my first Valu Village experience. Can I just say amazing! Even Jason bought some clothes. He is not usually the previously worn kind of guy. But I even convinced him to enter the changing rooms. I got a great pair of button-fly denim shorts plus two tank tops, a tee and another pair of shorts. Jason got two pairs of shorts and new pair of jeans with the tags still on. Oh and he got a little b&w television that he's been wanting for the tent trailer. I was reluctant to bring a television with us while camping. But......as much as I hate to admit it.......it was kinda cool. After frigging with the aerial and turning some knobs, Jason managed to find good old stations 6 and 12, or CTV and CBC. So Thursday night, as I made up the beds, I found myself watching ER. Weird. Yet oddly familiar. It reminded so much of when I was a kid and we would camp all summer long. The kids would gather, usually at Aunt Valerie's trailer, to watch tv. I have flashbacks of watching Star Wars in black and white. Our little television looks more like Reggie and Claudia's old one. The black front with the faux wood sides.

Friday morning, after breakfast, we took a drive to the Moncton Airport, to show Samuel the planes taking off. He has a thing for planes. He says they are his favorite things to see in the sky. I try desperately not to show him my fear of flying. I swear I had a panic attack just thinking about being aboard the plane as it took off. Maybe someday I will overcome this fear, but I just don't see it happening.

The Atlantic Nationals was in Moncton. Main Street was closed off as they had hundreds of classic cars and hot rods lining the street. We parked behind the Bluecross building and walked along, picking out our favorites. Jules loved a purple one that was painted all swirly with sparkles. Samuel was pointing everywhere and saying"Look at that paint job!". The sun got desperate hot before long, so we turned around to head for the car. Abby was tired of walking and said her usual "I take you!" which means pick me up. Samuel was so hot he looked at Jason and said "Can anyone take me?". We made it to the car without passing out from dehydration and headed back to camp.

After dinner, it was time to check out the pool. We lucked out and only had to share it with a mother and two of her kids. The water was super cold and took a while to get used to. It was surrounded by grass on three sides, which was a nice change from the usual pavement. So afterward, I laid out on my towel - something I hadn't done in a long, long time.

Saturday I hated to come home. I always seem to get like that when I go away. It's like I become the energizer bunny. I can just keep going and going and going.......

Next year we're planning on taking the tent trailer on vacation and traveling all over. We'll maybe stay two nights in PEI, then take the ferry to Nova Scotia and stay two nights there, then go to Fundy or maybe Moncton for two nights, etc.... Jason said we could always change our plans and do that this year, but I said no. I really love Millstream Cottages and now that we can actually go there, I don't want to change. Plus Mom is planning on coming with us and I know she would never go away for longer than three nights.


Now we are planning on going camping in Bartibog this weekend. We really can't afford it after going away to Moncton, but who cares? This summer my mission is to do as much as we possibly can. It's the kids last summer before they start school and everything changes. So this Friday, it's off to Bartibog. Jason goes back to work on Monday, works until Thursday and then is officially on vacation! Saturday, the 23rd is Sherry and Gary's housewarming party. Wednesday, the 27th, we leave for PEI and then comeback on Saturday only to go directly over to Preston and Karen's for their annual long-weekend family thing. We're going to have the tent trailer already set-up over there. That way it will save us some time. Then Jason goes back to work on that Wednesday, works four days and then we're off to Fundy!(Aug 7th-9th) Gotta love the summer!

Tomorrow, or today as I look at the time, is Jason's Birthday. He is now 31 years old. He had to renew his license today and had to have his picture taken. He said it's the worst picture he ever took in his whole life. He had just left work so he was quite dirty. They wouldn't let him wear his ballcap, so he had helmet head. Apparently they pointed an abnormally bright light at him and told him not to close his eyes, which he said was near impossible. Funny! But you still look great to me dear! Happy Birthday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|