Sunday, July 03, 2005

Summer, summer..........happened so fast!

It's July 3rd! I can't believe we are into July already. Summer always seems to fly by so quickly. Before you know it, it will be August and then.......September! And my kids will be off to school! I still haven't received anything in the mail as to what class they'll be in or what day they go. It's starting to piss me off! Christina got hers on Thursday. She called and said "It's here! It's here!". So away I ran to the car to drive up to the mailbox. I was really surprised by how excited I was. I opened the mailbox door and .........nothing! Ugh! Hopefully it should come tomorrow or Tuesday.

So this weekend was the long weekend. Thursday night we took the kids up to see the fireworks, which this year was surprisingly a long show. Friday was parade day. My Aunt Donna has a party at her house every year. The parade passes near her house, so we can all gather at her house and wait for it. It's pretty much just family that goes - aunts, uncles, cousins, etc... Everyone mingles while they wait for the parade, then we all watch it together. It too, was oddly long this year. Afterward everyone enjoys a good feed. This year was the first time we stayed for the meal. I had brought a taco salad and some juice for the kids. There were more salads, chicken wings, homemade biscuits, and deep-fried turkey. For dessert, there was homemade strawberry shortcake, cheesecake and your basic cake and ice-cream. I shamelessly stuffed myself. It's not everyday that you get such an oppurtunity. Gotta love potluck!

Mom didn't go to the party because she is not feeling well. Her new medication is leaving her with a bad taste in her mouth.......literally. She said it tasted like bile. Lovely. She's quite frustrated, worried and exhausted with her doctors. Now they're telling her that they don't know what is wrong with her arm. They could only say that it's not TB. TB! I mean it's good news that she doesn't have turburcleosis, but I think Mom was a bit upset that they felt the need to test her for it. I'm worried too, but trying desparately to stay positive. Postive is not an emotion that Mom is capable of feeling, lately. So I'm trying to be positive enough for the both of us.


After Donna's, we took the kids down to Mom's to cheer her up. Plus the kids wanted to show off their Canada Day tatoos. Jules said she wants to wear hers forever, but I think todays the day they've got to go, especially the ones on their face. I should have fun tonight at bath time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|