Friday, June 10, 2005

How Do You Solve A Problem Like Maria?

Just a little post.....trying to get in the habit of posting everyday. I had promised Jules that she could watch The Sound Of Music again. So, right after breakfast, she came out all dressed and said "I'm ready Mommy". Before I knew it, there she was twirling around dancing in the livingroom. Even Samuel likes to watch certain moments of it. When the scene where the kids are singing "So long, farewell, etc.. " starts he said "Sing Mommy! Sing cause you know all the words". And I am guilty of using the song "Favorite Things" to console Jules with her fear of bees. ".....When the bee stings, When I'm feeling sad. I simply remember my favorite things and then I don't feel sooooo bad".

After the movie I took the kids to the park in Blackville. I think it is the first time I have taken them there by myself. Usually Jason is with us or we plan to go with Mom, Sherry and her kids. It was kinda freeing in a way. I like my kids, especially my daughters, to see me as independent. The song I Can See Clearly Now was playing on the radio on the way home. It was a little moment for me. It's such a beautiful day here, hot but with a nice breeze. Talked to a lady who was there with her two granddaughters. They were on their way to Miramichi for her niece's wedding. They had traveled from their home in Ontario in a Winnebago and had stopped to camp along the way. Made me just want to pack up and travel cross country.

We are thinking of maybe going camping again this weekend. Possibly just Sunday night. Jason's work is having a family picnic day at the Enclosure. They have one every year. You have a choice between lobster and steak. They have face painting for the kids and a family scavenger hunt at 3pm. Jason told them at work that we would go this year. But now he's thinking maybe he'd rather just go camping at Daigle again instead. I think he's just anxious to go swimming in their pool. It's heated. I was kinda excited to try going to this work picnic thing. I think it would be good for us to go out and meet new people. Plus maybe it would help Jason to socialize with people he works with outside the workplace. We went to the work Christmas party this year and it wasn't' that bad. But when it comes down to it, it's his work thing and I don't want to force him to go to it. Plus I am just dying to go camping with the tent trailer again. So really its a win/win situation.

Oooh and I read Rosie this morning and she asked if anyone had gotten a surprise in the mail. I think there might actually be a t-shirt headed my way! Cool! I'm so excited!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|