Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Stormy Weather

Thought I better write something. Must try to keep up with all the keeners out there who blog numerous times a day -........ Kellie and Trish, you know who you are.

The countdown for PEI has begun.....seven days and counting. I can't get that freaking Stompin' Tom song out of my head...800-565-7421! Seriously, I sing it so much even Abby knows the words.

The heatwave continues. Last night we attempted to sleep in the tent trailer but had to cancel at the last minute due to thunderstorms. Speaking of thunderstorms, I was watching Canadian Idol on a later feed tonight, when the program was interrupted by one of those warning screens where they sound a long beep to get your attention. It was a weather warning for Alberta. I must have been watching a Alberta channel on the dish. Anyway, they were warning people about a severe thunderstorm that was producing hail the size of loonies and toonies and extreme wind. They said it could also produce a tornado and for everyone in the area to take shelter immediately. I quote " Put as many walls between you and the storm as possible. If you are driving in your car, go directly to shelter. If you are approached by a tornado and cannot get to shelter, get out of your car and find shelter in a ditch or overpass". It was kinda scary. Even though the warning was for the other side of the country, it was like a scene from Twister.

Jason and I have an odd fascination/obsession with twisters. The same with sharks. It's like on one hand you are so afraid of them, but on the other hand you would really like to see one in person. I know it sounds nuts. I mean logically I would never want to see a tornado close up but there is a part of me that wishes I could see just a little one - one that couldn't hurt me or anyone that I love. Last summer there was a water spout that formed alongside the Confederation Bridge, just a few days after we got home from visiting the island. That would have been the perfect situation for me. Then I could see one, but not really be in that much danger.

In other news, the verdict is finally in on the bumps on Mom's arm and her strange infection.

The Beta did it.

Oddly enough, Mom's fish got her sick. Apparently, she pricked her finger outside which left her open to infection. A week or so later, she cleaned out the rocks and bowl of her Beta fish. The next week he died. Coincidence? Up until now, we thought so.

But today Mom went yet again to Moncton where her doctor told her that her test results showed she had contracted some rare freaky marine disease. Her fish must have had it when he died. If her finger had not already been injured, she probably would not have contracted it.


What are the odds?

The good news is that it is curable with medication, albeit expensive medication. But at least it is not something more serious.

Totally addicted to Wil Wheaton......must check his site several times a day. Loved the banter with him and his wife. He's such a cutey. I've always gone for the Wil type.

Til next time....


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|