Monday, June 25, 2007

Gratitude

One night last week I was rummaging around in my night stand and discovered my old gratitude journal. I had not written in it(or any journal for that matter) in a very long time. Too long. I began to read. You know how they say that you don't know what you've got until it's gone? Well I now know that I always knew......I always knew how blessed I was. And that was good to know.

Previously I would write five things that I was grateful for that day. I'm sure some people would think that I might find it hard to be grateful, considering the year we've had. But I say I have even more blessings than ever before. So now, every night, instead of just writing five things, I write ten. It's become my favorite part of bed time. To put pen to paper and reflect on all my good fortune. What better way to end the day?


To educate yourself for the feeling of gratitude means to take nothing for granted, but to always seek out and value the kind that will stand behind the action. Nothing that is done for you is a matter of course. Everything originates in a will for the good, which is directed at you. Train yourself never to put off the word or action for the expression of gratitude. ~ Albert Schweitzer

Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn't learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn't learn a little, at least we didn't get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn't die; so, let us all be thankful. ~ Buddha

Don't pray when it rains if you don't pray when the sun shines. ~ Leroy Satchel Paige


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|