Thursday, July 26, 2007

And The Green Grass Grows All Around

Just a quick update.....haven't blogged in a bit.

We have finally made some headway in the yard work area. Our grass is growing as we speak. Will try to post some pics later. Jason finished building my flowerbed alongside the porch. Pretty awesome! Although I did not have enough hemlock ties to finish one on the other side of the step. :( Too bad. Perhaps we can purchase a couple more at some later point. I think it would look even better if it covered the whole front of the house. I also hit the garden centers to catch the sales. Managed to pick up quite a few different perennials. They're all quite small, but will grow with age. And they don't usually sell full grown shrubs for $2.

So yes, the grass seed has been planted. Jason has been working nights all week, so the responsibility of watering the lawn, has been passed down to me. It takes me approximately an hour and a half to water it. It is quite the large area. Cannot wait until watering phase is over. This recent heat wave has not helped at all. But it will all be worth it when we finally have a back yard. Can't wait!

This past Sunday, as some of you know, was the anniversary of Jules' diagnosis with Type 1 diabetes. I had always intended to write a long post retelling the story, complete with before and after pics. But when Sunday finally came, I opted not to blog at all. In fact, a vast majority of the day I was not thinking of her anniversary at all...which I took as a good sign. I think I had so many moments of mourning, remembering, and even healing, leading up to that day, that when the day finally arrived....I had nothing. I felt that sitting down to write this long drawn out post would only make me feel bad, so why do it? At one point I actually thought about telling Jules that it was her anniversary, but quickly opted against it too, for the same reason. I think , hope that Abby's anniversary will pass the same way.

She is fine.

They are fine.

WE are fine.

And the green grass grows all around. :)

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|