Saturday, July 17, 2004

I haven't written in quite awhile because we went on vacation to Prince Edward Island.  We left first thing Monday morning and did not get back til Thursday afternoon.  We had a wonderful time.  We stayed at Millstream cottages in Brackley Beach.  It is so beautiful there.  Ours was a quaint one bedroom cottage that had a queen sized bed and then a double pull out sofa.  Each cottage has their own BBQ, deck and firepit.  They had a heated in-ground pool, which we stayed in a lot.  They had boats, life jackets, etc... so you could go out on the pond.  Across the pond was the Millstream Trail Rides so we were constantly watching horses walk along the other side of the pond.....very nice.
 
Monday we unpacked, went swimming and drove into Charlottetown, which is only 15 mins away.  Tuesday we did the tourist attractions.  We went to Avonlea Village again.  We had been there last year and loved it.  The kids love Anne and we all had a great time.  Then it was on to Woodleigh, where there are miniature replicas of various famous castles.  The Tower of London was really cool.  There is also a maze made out of trees.  It was so hot I was scared that we would get lost in it and die of dehydration, but Samuel led the way out.  Wednesday was our relaxing day at the beach.  Stupidly we took a beach ball with us, which of course ended up being blown out into the ocean.  Samuel cried for at least twenty minutes.  You know how long it takes until you can't see something out in the ocean.  At last it was just a little dot and Samuel finally let it go.  Abby was a little bathing beauty.  She amazed me at how much she loved the water.  I thought she would be at least a little nervous, but no.  Jason of course would not go near the ocean.  He has a phobia about sharks.  I tried to tell him that there has never been a documented shark attack on PEI, but no go.  
 
Thursday was a sad day because we had to go home.  I always am so nervous when we leave home to go on vacation because of the long drive...but then when we get there I never want to leave.  I love PEI so much I think I would almost move there.  It is so beautiful with the hills and fields.  And I love that their sand is red.  I meant to take some home with me in a bottle but when we left it was raining so I didn't bother.  Next time. 
 
We had planned on coming home on the ferry and then driving home through Nova Scotia, but it was so windy and rainy we thought it best that we take the bridge.  The wind on the bridge was bad enough.  I can only imagine what it would have been like on the ferry for 75 mins.  Especially since we have never been on the ferry before.  I think I would have gotten sea sick for sure.
 
Tomorrow we are going on our first camping trip with the kids.  Just for one night to see what it will be like.  We bought a huge tent this spring.  It is one that you can stand up in.  It's suppose to sleep 7.  Hopefully all will go well. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|