Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Saturday night's party was a success...I think. It is so hard to tell when it is yours. The day got off to a rocky start. I woke up Saturday morning sick as a dog. My throat was very sore, my voice scratchy, and my head about to explode. I had even woke up in the night passing out. Then we had a thunderstorm which soaked everything outside. So for a few tense hours I thought we might have to change it to an indoor party. I chanted all day long..."Please God No More Rain, Please God No More Rain,etc...". And my wish was granted.

The kids went over to Mom's around seven. They were beyond excited to have a sleepover with Grammie. Abby looked a little skeptical but made out just fine. The decorations outside looked very festive. Well, I got a lot of compliments on them anyway. My frozen lemon and lime slices and glow in the dark stir sticks were a hit. Everyone wore the "plastic" leas, although some complained they were itchy. I had wanted to buy everyone a flower lea but just couldn't afford it. We are thinking of making it an annual event, so maybe next year I can pick up a few here and there.

We actually got a pretty good turn out. There were the few who couldn't make it, but overall a good crowd. Everyone seemed to have a good time. Like I said, it's always hard to tell when you are the one hosting the party. Jason, who was also sick, got a massive headache and ended up going to bed quite early. As pathetic as it sounds, I found I didn't quite know what to do with myself without him. I missed him....See! I told you it was pathetic. For Jason, getting the headache turned out to be a blessing when Sunday morning he felt fine. I, on the other hand, after consuming three Mike's, two shots, half a margarita and a sip of Sip and Go Naked....woke up sick as a dog...my throat very sore, my voice scratchy and my head about to explode. Oh well, once a year you're allowed!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|