Wednesday, June 09, 2004

Tuesday night Kellie and I actually made it to Poetry night! We have been trying to get there for months, but something always prevented us from going. I was sick, one of my kids was sick, the weather was horrible,.... But last night we made it. It takes place at the Deux Maples Gallery located around the square. It is run by Ester Nye. Kellie and I had gone to an art show there, a few months back. Tuesday was poetry night, a night when local writers come and read their poems. Not to sound too corny, but I found it a life changing experience.

All the poets were very good. Doug Underhill was there and I loved his writing. I must try to buy one of his books. But I think the best part was at the end, when Doug Shanahan gave a lecture about the late great poets, Shelly, Byron and Keats. He spoke of life and the places he lived, the students he taught......it was really an inspiring moment for me. It made me want to write.

On another topic, our PEI plans have changed. Sherry and her family are not going, nor is Mom. We changed our reservations and are now staying in a cottage by ourselves. We got a great deal..$77 a night!! It is equipped with a full kitchen so we can save money by cooking a lot of our meals. It has a pool, BBQs, firepits, horseshoes, etc... I can't wait!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|