Friday, June 04, 2004

We decided that we are going to PEI again this summer for vacation. So the last two days have been spent scouring the internet looking for a place to stay. My sister Sherry and her family, plus our mother are going as well. We had wanted to get a cottage by the water, but they were either too expensive or only rented by the week. So we went with a motel, which suits us fine. Last year we stayed at a motel in Charlottetown and had a wonderful time. This year we are staying right in Cavendish. It is Sherry's first time taking her family so she wanted to go to all of the attractions, Green Gables, Avonlea Village, etc... Maybe if we were going alone we would have stayed somewhere else, but there are still lots of things we didn't get to see last time. And I loved Green Gables! The smell!! Enough said. The air is thick with the smell of flowers. They are so beautiful. Anyone who has been there will understand what I mean. We are staying for three nights this time instead of two. I can't wait!

Tonight after supper we went for a family drive to get a cone of ice cream. We went to the new place in Blackville, alongside Fritou Chicken. Jason went in to order the ice cream while the kids and I waited in the car. Samuel says he has to pee. So of course Jules says she has to pee too. It's amazing how they always urinate at the same time. Coincidence?? So we all get our cones and Jason decides we should go for a little drive.....You know like a Sunday drive but not on Sunday. Then Samuel says again how he really has to pee. So Jason pulls the car into a deserted little lane on the side of the road and lets Samuel pee outside. Of course Jules says how she still has to pee. Then she says,
"I can't pee outside because I don't have a penis. I have a "agina" so I have to pee in the house"
I hid my laughter and said "That's right dear".

I find it so weird how the older generation is so embarrassed about children knowing the correct medical terms for their body parts. The other month I was over at my mother's with the kids when the Avon lady came. She is a lady who lives up the road and has been the Avon lady for as long as I can remember. Jules came out into the kitchen, for no apparent reason, and said, "Boys have penises and girls have "aginas" " My mother was so embarrassed that she had said this in front of company. She said I hope you don't say that when you go to school. And the Avon lady said oh she'll grow out of it by then. Grow out of what? I said to mom she is just saying the correct terminology. There's nothing to be ashamed about. I would be embarrassed if they were talking about "birds" and "pee pees" or my favorite "down below". Funny.

I was going to blog about a funny incident over at my mother's concerning her "foot corner" but was forbidden, so too bad. I'm sure I can hear mom and Kellie breathing a sigh of relief as they read this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|