Saturday, May 29, 2004

Right now I am watching the movie "Practical Magic" on television. I think I must have watched this movie at least six or seven times. I don't quite know what it is that makes me love it so much. It's not like it's an oscar worthy drama or anything. I just like the feel of the movie. And the house....ooo I so love that house! It has such great style and character to it. And that Garden!

It's funny. In all of the movies I love to watch over and over again, there is a house, or apartment or store, or room,...that I remember and love every detail to it. In "You've Got Mail", that store of hers...I just love it. The floor, the lighting, the windows, the walls, everything. Oh and her apartment. LOVE IT!! I always liked the idea of living in a city, just so I could live in one of those old brownstone type buildings with those steps. And of course there is the house - the house I would build if I won the lotto - the house Diane and Steve live in in "Father Of The Bride". I have watched that movie and it's sequel countless times just to look at that house. To find some detail I might have missed. I think my favorite room is the kitchen. The butcher block countertops, white cupboards, wood floor, and the French doors. Beautiful. I really loved the kitchen in "Something's Gotta Give". I remember in the theatre, leaning towards my husband whispering, "Do you see that sink?". It was porcelain white and set in the countertop so there is no lip. I guess I have an obsession.

Oh well, the movie's over so time for bed. Every night while I am trying to go to sleep, I will think of my house. That is, the house I will have someday. It has changed many times, but it's heart and style remains the same. Sometimes, I even decorate for the holidays, Christmas, Halloween,...mostly Christmas. Thinking about it relaxes me. It helps to be at peace, not worried about tomorrow, or listing things I have to get done. It clears my mind and helps me to sleep better. A little neurotic? Maybe. But it works. Whenever we do get a house I'll probably become an insomniac.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|