Saturday, May 29, 2004

On Monday, May 31, my baby girl will turn two. Time really does fly. It seems like only yesterday she had just turned one. It's also hard to remember a time when she was not around. I'll never forget that feeling when I saw her for the first time. It was like "Of course that's what you look like". It was instantaneous. That connection. Like I had known her before. I'm sad to say I didn't have that the first time around. It was my first pregnancy and I was having twins. I had to have a C-section because my son was breached. I think I was just so overwhelmed. The feeling was more
"Oh My God! I'm their mother! I'm responsible for someone else's health and well being!"
Of course the bond came later...

Abby McCartney is a Dora the Explorer fanatic! She loves her. For her birthday we bought her a Dora tricycle. I can't wait to give it to her. I don't think she will actually pedal it for quite a while. But now when she is outside playing with her brother and sister, and they are riding around on their bikes, she can sit on hers and pretend. Plus I just know she will love all those colorful Dora decals.

I am throwing my first actual birthday party. Well, kinda. I always have had a party for all of my kids, but they usually just consisted of family - grandparents, aunts, uncles, etc... The only kids there were my own and my sisters. For Jules and Samuel's fifth birthday, I am going to throw an all out birthday party - games, loot bags, pizza, etc... By then they will be in play school and will have friends to invite. The kids will out number the adults. Sometimes I even think about having a party at the movie theatre or Dairy Queen. But then I think it gets too expensive.

So for Abby's 2nd, I thought I would wean myself into party throwing experience. I have invited six other kids and their parents, who consist of my sister, my best friend, and my cousin. I'm serving hot dogs (easy) to go with the usual cake and ice cream. I decided not to go with any organized games as it is Abby's day and she may find it hard to keep up with the older kids. I'm death on having balloons in the house because of the kids age. I'm so scared that they will bust and someone will choke on a piece. So instead I bought foil balloons (much safer)for decorations and near the end of the party each child will get to take one home. This way I won't constantly worry. Hopefully all will go relatively smooth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|