Friday, May 28, 2004

Jason and I went to Kent's again! We didn't talk to Darren this time though, I just ran into the mini-home and took some pictures. We have been back and forth so many times in the last year on when and what kind of house to buy. First it was a bungalow, then a small two storey, then a bungalow, another bungalow, and now it's a mini-home. I always swore that I would never buy a mini-home simply because we now live in a trailer. I also have always wanted a porch across the front of my home and didn't really care for the look of one spanning the whole front of a mini-home. I feel they are just too long. And here I am wanting, dreaming of a mini-home. Ironic. But you should see it. It is beautiful. The only thing is that we will have to wait a few years before getting a basement. But that's ok. That doesn't really bother me as long as we get one in time to build a bedroom for Samuel before he is a teenager. Being the only boy, I assume he will want his own space. But who knows, maybe it will be one or both of the girls who want the basement bedroom.

My Mom was worried if I was settling by buying a mini-home and not a house. But I really do not see it that way. Yes I love the look of a bungalow that has that porch across the front of it. Yes I have longed for a basement for years. But I also love buying groceries and paying my bills. Jason and I just do not have the money or the lifestyle to afford a house. Not as long as we are a one income family. And the dream house is not worth me leaving the kids and going to work. Sure we could wait for another three or four years and then we could probably get a house, but we would also get the bigger mortgage payment. A mini-home just seems to be a perfect match for us and that is fine with me. And I am still getting my porch...not across the whole front, just a little over half.

We should be ordering it next spring. Jason said he could put his name down on a list to work one extra day a week. Then we could buy it right now, but I said no. My friend thought I was crazy, because right now Jason gets three or four days off in a row. So it's just one day, right? It sounds tempting but I don't think it's worth it. The main thing for me has always been that wherever or whatever we live in, that it is a happy place. You get enough stress in life from external things that you have no control over. This is something that is a choice. All we have to do is wait just one more year. Then we will get our new home. And Jason won't have to work overtime every week to do it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|