Friday, June 18, 2004

Last night I went over to my Mom's. My sisters and I had planned a little get together to celebrate Mom being done work for the summer. She works in the cafeteria at the high school. We watched "Something's Gotta Give" starring my girl Diane Keaton. I have to buy the DVD. I guess there is a feature on the DVD that has Amanda Peet taking you through the house. Apparently she bought it after filming was over. I had five glasses of wine, which is a new record for me. I didn't come home until three o'clock in the morning. Needless to say I didn't feel too good this morning, but everyone needs to have a night out now and then.

The kids got their haircut today and for the first time Abby sat up in the chair all by herself. She looked so old. I think we are going to switch her to a toddler bed this week. I'm in this groove where I just can't seem to pull myself out of bed in the morning. Abby is too easy on me. She just plays forever in her crib and waits quietly for me to come and get her. I used to love the idea of sleeping in but now when I do, it's like the day is gone. If she were in a toddler bed I would have to get up as soon as she did. Plus I know she would love it. She loves anything that makes her feel as old as her brother and sister. We also have to bite the bullet with the potty training. I've been delaying the inevitable.... My baby isn't a baby anymore.

I planted the last of my garden today...tomato plants. Now everything is all up and growing. I am always amazed that something that I planted actually grew. I helped the kids plant a little marigold garden in front of their playhouse this morning. I let them do almost everything. They each planted four blooms. Abby's looked pretty torn up but she loved planting them. The only thing I have left to plant are some lilies that I am getting from Mom. I am trying to have all my outdoorsy stuff done before the party. Tonight after supper, I weaved some mini-lights through the lattice at the bottom of our deck. It looks cute. I'm going to string some around the kid's playhouse too. I am toying with the idea of making my paper bag lanterns. It's really not that fancy of a party, but I don't know when else I will get the chance to try it. Maybe I will, if I have the time. It's been so busy around here lately.

Our Richmont Christmas catalogue is out now http://www.richmont.net/classygal, I'll have to try and remember to order some. Totally have memory problems lately...surprised Bell Express Vu has not disconnected us yet....cannot seem to remember to write out the cheque.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|