Friday, July 02, 2004

This week has been a very busy one. Too busy to even blog. Saturday night we took the kids to the drive-in for the first time to see Shrek 2. I think I was more excited then they were. It was one of those surreal moments when you realize that history is repeating itself. That moment when you can remember doing something when you were a child and cannot believe that here you are with your own kids doing it all over again. The movie was very funny and I think the night went very well. We did have our moments when we were like "Jehovah! Let's just go home!" but they didn't last long. I took some homemade parowax cookies with us, or as we have always called them, "Bumpity, Bumps" (long story). So there in the back seat were my three kids all in their pj's eating bumpity bumps at the drive-in. Jules caught sight of a moth in the light of the projector and is convinced that she seen Tinkerbell. I think it's moments like that, that I will remember when they have all grown up.

Wednesday night was the fireworks. Abby was not scared at all this year. She wouldn't even let me hold her. She had to stand with the other kids. When the fireworks exploded she clapped and jumped up and down, and then when the huge boom sounded, she'd smile at me and say, "OOO scared me!". She's just too cute! Jason worked Thursday, so my Mom and I went to my Aunt's to watch the parade. It was actually quite long this year. The kids really enjoyed themselves. Aunt Donna and all her candy and cheesies...how could they not?

Tomorrow night is the party. I think we might actually get a crowd. I was obsessing a little on how many people were going to show up, but now I'm more like as long as I get to go...... I have leis for everyone to wear and my sister and I are even going to wear a flower in our hair. I have alot of lights strung outside and am going to put out some torches, my paperbag lanterns, candles, etc... I just hope it doesn't rain. But if it does, oh well...we're still throwing a party!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|