Friday, July 30, 2004

I've been waiting for it to happen. It happens every year around this time. Though every year I swear it won't happen, it does. Just as we round the corner into August, there it is - Fall Fever !!!

Ugh! Fall. The F word. I know. I try to resist, I do. But then the Sears Fall Catalogue comes out with their sweaters. Wool sweaters, fooler tops, twin sets, and this year, the boat neck sweater. I cannot say how much I love the boat neck sweater. The boat neck sweater has that great neckline. The boat neck sweater recalls the classic times of Audrey Hepburn. Did I mention the boat neck sweater? I think I'm having a Lorelei moment of ranting. Anyone who watches the Gilmore Girls will understand. I'm just a sweater girl. Anyone who knows me, knows that I love sweaters. I remember one Christmas, I was shopping for clothes and tried to do the funky top. It was when those long peasant bell sleeves were everywhere. I'd try them on, but it just didn't look right. But a brown v-neck wool sweater? Perfect.

I like wool. I don't know what it is about it that I like so much. It's hot. Scratchy. A bugger to clean. But I love it. Three Christmas's ago I finally got my black wool coat. I had been wanting one for only about seven years. Not bad. The next coat on my list is the cropped leather jacket. I figure I should have one by the time I'm 40. Hmmmm. Maybe I'm aiming high. 42?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|