Sunday, February 19, 2006

Oh My God! Oh My God! Oh My God!


Guess who's going to see this wonderful man in concert? It's so silly when we ask this kind of question, isn't it? I mean the answer is always....ME ME ME!!!

In this case, the answer is actually me and Jason. A couple of weeks ago, while watching U2 perform on the Grammy's, I was commenting on how awesome it would be to see U2 perform live in concert. Jason, who has never been to a concert (you heard right), was like "Why don't you just listen to their CD. No lip-synching, no crowds, etc" . I tried to explain to him that A: The real musicians/artists don't lip synch and B: that amazing powerful feeling you feel when you hear someone play live. How it rocks your soul, makes you scream/dance and can even move you to tears. It short, it makes you feel so alive. So I told him that I was making it my personal mission to take him to his very first concert. He's a concert virgin, if you will. I promise to be gentle.

Jason said "OK. The next one that comes to Moncton, Let's go."

A few days later, Jason heard on the radio that INXS was coming to Moncton in May and opening for them was none other than Marty Casey and the Lovehammers! Having religiously watched Rock Star, we both agreed that this was someone we would like to go see. Sherry and Kellie were thinking of coming too, but they both decided against. So now it's just me and my husband going to a rock concert! No offense to Kellie(who'll actually be reading this) or Sherry, but I kinda like that they couldn't come. Now we get to drive to Moncton alone; go to a concert alone; and drive back home alone; something which Jason and I have never gotten to do together. Plus it's happening in May, so Spring will be in the air.

I haven't exactly been the band-aid myself, but the few concerts I did go to, it would have been nice to have him there to share it with. And I have to say, I'm so excited that it's this particular concert, that he's finally getting to come with. It's an honest to goodness rock concert!

Last May, when I was listening to Matt Mays & El Torpedo, I so wanted Jason to be there. But when Blue Rodeo was on, not quite so much. Don't get me wrong, we love Blue Rodeo. They put on an amazing show. But it was listening to Matt Mays rock the house, that really lit my fire. If possible, I would love to take Jason to see them perform someday.

Anyway, getting back to yesterday, we were too slow in calling the box office. After a dozen or so attempts, I finally got through at around 12:30pm. All they had left were seats in the balcony. I think it's safe to assume that INXS will be playing to a full house, considering tickets didn't officially go on sale until just yesterday morning! So sucky seats, but who cares? I'll just borrow Dad's binoculars.

I'll just have to call Kellie when Marty is singing "Trees" - "It'll be you and me, up in the trees...". If it wasn't going to be so late, I'd almost call Abby when INXS was singing "Pretty Vegas". She loves that song. I'm getting so excited! Can't wait!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|