Wednesday, June 14, 2006

IT'S OVER!!!!!!!!!

That's right!! As of 8:11pm tonight, our drama with the union, contract, strike, etc.... was officially over! I still don't believe it.

Jason and I left for town at around 4pm. First we hit Tim Hortons for an ice-cap, and then Jason ran in to vote. Then we went to Wal-mart for some grocery items and to pick up something for Connor's birthday. There was a clearance rack that had various items on it. One of which, was photo albums. Two-packs of the large magnetic stick albums were on sale for only $2!! That's like $1 each! Buying photo albums is
#23 on my list
so I picked up two packs (or four albums) in black. Awesome deal!

I also took the time to browse through all the houseware section, furniture and bedding. I found two queen sized bed-in-a-bags that I really liked. They're like $100 each, but apparently that's what a queen sized one goes for. Hopefully we'll manage to get one sometime between now and when the house comes.

Ooo! The house is coming! Did I mention we were buying a new house? N. E. W. !!! I can't believe it! I wonder how long it will take to sink in. It's like this is something that happens to other people. We've gotten so used to waiting and watching other people do it. I've dreamed of this since I was a little girl and used to have my imaginary house in the woods beside our house. A long time ago, I blogged that I would never get any sleep once I had a house because thinking about getting one helped me go to sleep. I think I was right. I don't know how I will sleep tonight.

After Wal-mart we had to run into Canadian Tire to get Dad's Father's day gift. And then into Sobey's to finish up the groceries. We were driving through Newcastle at exactly 8pm, which is when the voting was scheduled to stop. So instead of sitting home and waiting for someone to call and tell us what happened, we drove over to wait there for the verdict. There was about 15 other men lined up outside talking and more inside the building. I had to call Sherry and talk to her while I waited because I thought I was either going to faint, vomit or shit myself. I thought I was going to have to leave Jason a note saying, "Gone to poop at Tim Hortons". Honestly. It wasn't going to be pretty! My stomach was aching. Even my arms were numb. I thought I might have a heart attack there in the car. Then suddenly all the men filed into the building, and I knew that the votes had been counted. I could feel my blood pressure drop. I actually reclined the back of my seat because I thought I might pass out. One by one, men started leaving. I studied them, as they flipped out their cell phones, looking for any hint to what the result was. One guy looked relaxed but another looked nervous. I was just about to march into the building, when finally, Jason emerged. When he told me that it was accepted. That there would be no strike. That it was over. I think I went into stunned mode. I wanted to cry but couldn't. It felt odd. Weird even. For this part to be over.

It wasn't until on the way home, when Jason called his father to tell him the news, and said the words, "It's over.", that I started to cry. I was so overwhelmed with gratitude that I was shaking. We drove into Mom's yard tooting the horn. I wanted to tell her in person. She was really excited for us. When we walked into the house, all the kids were still up. We told them that tomorrow Mommy and Daddy was going to go and order our new home. They jumped up and down. They are so excited to have their new bedrooms. Now they will get to have real mattresses. Bye-bye duct tape!!

Jason's Mom was babysitting and was happy when we told her. Dad stopped in on his way home and I ran out shouting "It's over! It's over!". I still can't believe it. I called Kellie and Christina and told them. It's just surreal. Un-real. In the true sense of the word. Plus someone is coming to look at the trailer tomorrow night too. I cannot imagine selling the trailer the same week as we ordered the house. Now that would be freaky!

I've been sick the last few days and losing my voice. This morning I could literally just whisper. And now, after talking to everyone, spreading the good news, I am pretty much back to a whisper again. I joked to Sherry that Jason would be glad if I had no voice when we ordered the house; that way I couldn't change my mind about anything. Oh well, I think I'm going to go now and pop a couple of my herbs and try to get some much-needed sleep.

yippeee! (whisper)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|