Thursday, May 25, 2006

My Moose

Okay. So last week I had this really bizarre dream.

We were living over at Mom's. It was late at night. Jules and Samuel must have been in bed, because they were no where to be found. Abby was only a year old and I was carrying her on my hip. Everyone else was already in bed except for me, Jason and Abby. Jason turns on the television. They are showing clips of various interviews with The Judds - Naomi, Wynonna and Ashley. Some clips show all three of them, some with just the sisters and then finally just interviews of Ashley Judd alone.

I ask Jason why are they showing this? He says he doesn't know, maybe she has a movie coming out. "My God, she's not dead is she?", I ask. Just then, Katie Couric appears (who's now doing the nightly news) and says, "Ashley Judd - missing. She was last seen yesterday at.......". Apparently she had a stalker and now it was feared that he had abducted her. I freak out. I run to Mom's room ( which is now Lee's room - like before the piece was built on the house) with Abby still propped on my hip. I tell her about Ashley Judd. Mom gets very upset too. I start praying for her to be strong and find some way to escape the crazed man that has kidnapped her. All of a sudden, an enormous shooting star streaks across the sky. I say to Mom that maybe this was a good sign that Ashley will be ok.

Now I am in the kitchen. It is 2 o'clock in the morning. There is a banging on the door. Without thinking I yell "Come in!" followed by an immediate "Oh crap!". Mom scolds that I just invited God knows who into the house in the middle of the night. Ironically, I hear male voices outside saying "She just sung out "Come in!" to us at 2 o'clock in the morning!". Three men enter the house. They are Vance, Arthur and Uncle Terry. They want Jason to drive them somewhere. Vance notices a for sale poster of our trailer on the kitchen table. He starts explaining why he didn't buy it, how he would of, but blah, blah, blah.... Maybe we sold it? This would explain why we're living at Mom's.

Then I am alone in the kitchen again. Jason must be gone taking the boys somewhere. I decide I will lock up the house before going to bed. I don't want anymore surprise visitors. I go to the door, open it and peek outside. It is a clear night with a bright moon. The deck is not there, but rather the old black and white step from years ago. There is a noise at the front corner of the house. I see a dark shadow. I yell "Hey!", hoping to startle the person hiding there. But it's not a person. It's a large moose. It looks at me for a second and then gallops across the yard and out the upper driveway.

And then I wake up.

Bizarre.

Monday night I was sitting on the couch. I had just finished watching Everwood. Sad. Anyway, it was shortly after nine. The curtains were open, and it was just coming on dusk. Jules and Samuel are in bed, Abby is asleep on the couch beside me and Jason is on the computer. I'm just sitting there reflecting, which for some reason Everwood always causes me to do, when suddenly a moose walks into my line of vision! It's just standing there on my front lawn. I stare at it for what seems like minutes, in shock of it's presence and in awe of it's majestic beauty. Then I finally find my voice and whisper for Jason to come here.

Why?

Just come here!

But why?

Ugh! Moose!

What?

It starts to walk and then trot across my lawn. Jason runs to get the camcorder, but it's too late. It crosses the road at the upper corner of my yard and disappears in the woods.

I called Mom to tell her to look out her window to see if she could see it. She immediately gasps and says "Your dream!". I had told her about it last week and had completely forgotten about it. I don't know if the two are related at all. I doubt I'm pschyic. But in all of the six years that we've lived here, we have never had the pleasure of seeing a moose in our yard. One deer. The odd skunk or coyote. And lord knows bears have made their presence known. But moose? This was a first.

I don't know what it was. Maybe the mood I was in, or just being that close to a wild creature? But I felt like the moose came for me. Crazy I know. But it was like in a movie. Something magical about it. A connection.

Mom says I should start dreaming of images or things that I want to happen. I don't know if that will actually work or not.

All I can say is that if I do have some sort of power, then Ashley Judd better watch her back!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|