Friday, June 09, 2006

Fingers Crossed

Well it seems that things are finally turning around on the whole strike/contract/house thing. The two parties met on Wednesday and Thursday of this week. Last night Jason made a phone call and rumor has it that they have hammered out a tentative agreement. When he hung up the phone and told me, I got tears in my eyes. Over six months of this and it finally may be over! I know it's not like one of us was sick or dying or anything as dramatic as that, but it has caused quite a lot of stress in my house. The not knowing.

Jason checked his work email today and it is official. They are going to be shown the proposal on Tuesday night and vote on it Wednesday night. Assuming the votes are in favor, we could order our house as soon as Thursday! Jason thinks that where this is a "tentative agreement" and not just another "offer", it means that the union will suggest that everyone vote to accept. Here's hoping.

Today was my last day of work at the school. It's bizarre how it's become so normal now for me to work there. Especially when you think of how stressed out I was in September. Hopefully this September will be less stressful. The kids will be going into grade one, but they are old pros at this whole school thing so they'll be fine.

I've got Abby registered for Clora's preschool. I requested she go on Friday's. That way Sherry won't have to babysit. It's work out pretty good. On the days that Jason works, Mom can take her and everyday I get off at 1:30pm so I can always pick her up. I just hope I don't get too sad about it. I know I'm going to have a hard time when she starts kindergarten. She just turned 4 on the 31st of May. Kellie supplied some tickets so we took her to see "Over The Hedge" and ate at Dairy Queen. We got her an ice-cream cake that had Dora on it, of course. I don't know when Dora will leave this house.

So today, after work, Jason and I drove down to see the Kent show house, again. It was exciting to be in it again. They've gotten some new flooring and counter-tops options since we've been in last. Plus they've switched their standard of doors to two-panel ones like Sherry's and their door knobs and all hardware to silver instead of brass. This pleased me more than words could say! I can't believe that we are actually going to get to live in it.


It seems too good to be true that things will finally work out. I find myself waiting for something to screw up. I think we had come to the conclusion that it was never going to happen. Jason and I are both being cautious with our happiness - we want to wait until the contract is actually signed and we go to the bank one last time, before we celebrate too much. I think I have to work on allowing myself to be happy. Too often I look at other people's lives, their tragedies, illnesses, etc.... and feel so guilty for ever complaining about anything. How could I ever complain about something so superficial like a house when children are dying? This is what I do to myself over and over again until I literally get sick. But I'm working on finding a way to be sympathetic to other people's situations without completely taking it on myself and making it my reality.

Maybe I should have put this on
my list. Anyway, things are looking good.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|