Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Mother of the year

Ok. So today I did the unspeakable......I dropped my kids off at school wearing, you guessed it, my pajamas. That's right. I've become that Mom. Gone are the dreams I had of being the modern Mom, or the cool Mom or at least the pretty Mom. Nope. I'm the Mom who drops you off in the morning (and actually gets out of the car!) while wearing her pj's. What's next? Hair rollers? Slippers?

And this morning, in another proud parent moment, I realized that in the craze of newly diagnosed diabetes and getting a new house, that I completely forgot about Halloween! Or more importantly, the fact that my kids will want to wear a costume. So this morning, I asked them what they wanted to be this year. Abby, luckily, is just going to wear Jules' Snow White costume from last year. Jules, however, has informed me that she wants to be princess Leia. And Samuel, of course, thinks it would be appropiate if he went as Luke Skywalker - you know, to go with the whole fraternal twin thing. Ugh!

For the last, I'd say, 3 years I have been trying to convince Jules to go as Leia. And every year she would change her mind come September and opt to be a princess. But this year, of all years, she decides to do it. I mean what are the chances of myself finding a Princess Leia or Luke Skywalker costume this late in the game? Not that I could afford them anyway. So now I must brainstorm on how to create one on my own. I'm going to have to hit the second-hand stores. Surely this route will be cheaper, right?

Obviously we'll be opting to go with the white clad Leia from the original Star Wars and not the slave girl bikini from Return of the Jedi. I mean, she is only six. I'm not sure how to do the hair thingy. I'm thinking ear muffs with twisted brown yarn attached somehow? If I could get some kind of over sized shirt to use for Luke, that would be great. Samuel of course, already has his light saber, so hopefully he will come along quite easily. Jules is going to be much harder to please.




Any Star Wars fans out there have any advice?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|