Tuesday, December 19, 2006

I'll Be Home For Christmas

Jason spent last night having a drink and playing cards in the old trailer.

His brother Rodney and his family is home for the holidays. They surprised everyone and landed home on Saturday night - a week early. Rodney's father-in-law is the man who bought our trailer. So..... last night Jason found himself playing poker in our old home. Weird. Very weird.

I think of the trailer often. Yesterday was the first time I drove by since it was taken away. It just doesn't seem right that someone else is living in it. Yet I'm glad that it has life again and is not just sitting vacant in our yard. But last night, I was almost jealous that they were getting to live in it and we weren't. How crazy am I? I've finally gotten the new home that I have always dreamed of, and what am I doing? But getting lonesome for my old one. Crazy. It's just that so much happened there. So many memories.

What I don't miss at all is the frosted up windows, the draft, the thin walls, the oil bill in the winter time, the kids crammed in tiny rooms, etc... It still amazes me that our windows remain crystal clear. Having a basement is pretty freaking awesome. And I'm still waiting to discover that I have no room. No, having a house sure beats living in a mobile home. For sure.

But sometimes I still miss it, crazy as that sounds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|