Wednesday, October 18, 2006

I Got The Power!!

And God said "Let there be light... and there was".

We have power! Last night we got to flick the switch for the first time and see our house all lit up. Well, actually it was only the back half lit up...but still....it was pretty awesome! The electrician just has to come now and connect the front half to the back half, or something like that. Anyway, I got to see my kitchen, bathroom and Samuel's room lit up at night. How cool was it to stand outside at night and see Jason and the kids standing in our kitchen? Pretty dam cool, I'll tell ya.

Also they added on the roof for our porch and shingled the whole thing. Now we are finally starting to get a feel for what it will look like when it is all completed. I took my camera over last night to get a pic, but was so excited about power that I forgot, until it was too dark to get a good shot. Next time.

I feel like there is so much to talk about but I don't have time to elaborate on anything. Taking all the kids to town today to go the doctor and get groceries, and I have SO much to do before I can leave. (shower, bath Abby, laundry, make grocery list, email nurse, etc...)

Here is a quick list of tidbits:

  • Received an invitation in the mail for a Halloween Party @ Crystal Palace this Sunday. It is for children with diabetes and their families.
  • Also got link to best diabetic website ever!
  • Ordered Christmas presents for the kids. Jules is getting a wicked doll house. I'm more excited than her!
  • Got invited to a Parent Support Group meeting in Douglastown.
  • Bought ALL the paint for my house!
  • Bought curtain rods, bath mat, kids Halloween costumes, etc..
  • Experiencing wicked stomach spasms on and off. WTF?
  • Meeting with nurse on Monday to discuss pump for Jules.
  • Had horrible day in town with kids on Thursday(**must make myself elaborate later**) which ended with us buying our new bed and a new bedroom set!
  • Had mental breakdown on weekend after dropping Samuel off to spend the night

And, that's all the time we have for today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|