Thursday, March 01, 2007

In Like A Lamb

Yesterday we went to town for a drive in search of a van. This year we did unbelievably well in the income tax department. One of the unfortunate perks, I guess, to having two children with diabetes, is that you can claim ALOT on your taxes. Anyways, we are now in the market to buy a new minivan. Well, not brand new, but relatively new. I'm aiming for a 2000. Or maybe even a 2001! How cool would that be? So far no luck in the local area, so we are broadening our scopes. Jason has a few leads he's checking into. One that looks really promising is in Nova Scotia. So you never know, there might be a road trip in our future!

I work today for Stacy from 11-3pm. I'm really hoping that somehow I can get on full time as soon as next year. It's the perfect job for me right now. There are so many pros. I'm in the building in case someone has a question about treating the girls, the kids and I love seeing each other at lunch time, I'm in close contact with their teachers, no need for babysitters, weekends off, storm days off, summers off, etc.... The only con is that I don't earn much money. But right now, the list of pros totally outweigh the cons. Plus minimum wage is going up again. One can only hope they keep upping it.

It's Winter Carnival week at school. It's so bizarre to observe, now that I'm older. Monday was time warp day for high school. Some were dressed like the 50's/60's, some like the 70's.... and then there were those that were dressed like the 80's. What was so funny, was that it was hard to tell who was participating and who wasn't because so much of that stuff is back. I mean you walk into Stitches now and it's just full of bright yellows and greens, those long shirts and my God! - I almost died when I seen the big bulky bracelets in every color! Time Warp, indeed. They had a dancing competition during lunch in the cafeteria. So sad. One class danced to Thriller by Micheal Jackson. I had to suppress the urge to go up there and show them how it's done. Hmm... that would have left an impression to a bunch of teenagers - the cafeteria lady doing the moon walk.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|