Saturday, March 10, 2007

Who Says You Can't Home?

Last night I met my brother's new girlfriend. She seems really nice. They are both here visiting for the weekend. I'm very happy for him to have found someone. He is beyond proud. He told the kids her name and then said,"Do you know who she is to me? She's my girlfriend". The kids were like "OK then". It's hard to get a desired reaction from a 7 year old. Jules pulled me aside, giggled a little and whispered, "Is Lee in love with her?". I smiled and told her I didn't know.....one can only assume.

After they left, Jason and I finally watched "Little Miss Sunshine", which along with numerous other DVDs, I borrowed from Kellie many weeks ago. I loved it! That girl totally deserved her nomination. The crying scene on the bed where she's worried about being a loser......amazing! I was on the verge of tears at the end, when her family got up on stage dancing with her. I just hate how society is. I'm scared for my children, especially my two daughters. Simply because I am a girl and I know how hard it can be. I'm trying so hard to raise them not to mold themselves into what other people say they should be. We don't use the word "fat" in our house, unless it's in reference to saturated or trans. We never speak of dieting but rather eating healthy. Exercise is never connected with losing weight but rather a part of living a healthy life. But you can only control so much. I can't control what they hear at school from other kids, or from certain family members.(believe me, I try!) All I can do is try my best. In the end it's going to be up to them alone, their own personal journey. I hate it...it scares me.....but that's just the way it is.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|