Wednesday, December 08, 2004

I Will Read My Name

Monday night I took the kids to party number three. It went well. They decorated gingerbread men, entered pictures into a coloring contest and received a treat bag from St. Nicholas. I was a little worried about how "religious" it was going to be, but it wasn't too bad. No bashing of Santa Clause or anything. I was the last one to leave which meant I was left alone with Father Barrett. I was a little uncomfortable but survived.

Tuesday morning Jules climbed into bed with me and asked, "What are we doing today Mommy?".

"Nothing. I have some things to do."

"Just normal things?"

"Yes, just normal things!"

I swear my kids have a little bit of Jewish in them and are attempting to celebrate Hanukkah.

Today I finally finished decorating the inside of my house. It's Dec.8th!! I should be ashamed of myself, taking this long, but at least it is done now. Last night I watched the DVD The Bourne Supremacy starring Matt Damon. I wrote my review this morning and Kellie published it this afternoon. http://www.breadnmolasses.com/atlanticlifestyle/id111.html Tonight I plan to start stringing popcorn to decorate my boughs with. I 'm kicking myself for not saving last years. But last year I enjoyed sitting on the couch, watching tv and stringing popcorn. This year, I'm more pressed for time.

I have my letters all cut out for Sunday School, but still have to color them purple. Tonight, I was talking to Jason on the phone and Jules overheard us talking about Sunday School. As I hang up the phone she's shouting.

"Mommy, Mommy! I can say something! Our Dad who works in heaven. I will read my name."

It's moments like these that can always make me smile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|