Wednesday, December 01, 2004

I Did It!

Last night I stayed up til 2:30am painting the kitchen. But it's finally done! I wiped down the ceiling and cupboards today and yesterday I housecleaned the bathroom and the hallway. Now I am finally ready to decorate........I just have no energy to do it. How ironic.

And on a totally different topic, Mom just asked me to help out at the school for their Christmas Dinner. I would be volunteering to do the dishes, clean up, etc... Jason works all next week though, so the only way I could go is if I had someone keep my kids. Margaret works so it would have to be Kellie, but Mom doesn't want to ask. She's going to see if Bernadette found anyone else. But the big news is that she actually told Bernadette that I was interested in replacing Mom when she retires in a few years, and that Bernadette said ok. "So you can pretty much just relax and know that you'll have a job", Mom said.

I have to say I had a little panic attack when Mom told me this. Silly I know, because Mom won't be retiring for another four years. But just to know that I will be going back to work made me feel like someone had kicked me in the stomach. I have been extremely fortunate to stay home with my children. I haven't worked since I was pregnant with Jules and Samuel. That's over four years so by then it will be eight years! So just the idea of returning to the workforce kinda scared me. It's been so long that you feel like you can't do it. Not just the actual work, but the whole social thing, having a boss, etc... It just really hit me that it's not going to last forever. The kids are going to go to school, grow up and not be with me every day. Then one day, they're even going to move out! I really cherish days like today. Just ordinary days where it's just me and the kids. But if I can luck out and get a job at the school, where my schedule is the same as theirs, that would be amazing. Mom warns me that I wouldn't be earning much money, but just to be there if the kids need me is enough for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|