Thursday, October 28, 2004

Boston Breaks The Curse

Last night I stayed up til 1:00am to watch the Boston Red Sox win the World Series. It is the only baseball game I watched this year so I am not really a huge baseball fan. I just wanted to witness history being made. I mean they haven't won in like 86 years!! I couldn't just go to sleep. As the game was going on they'd occasionally show a shot of a celebrity in the crowd. Once they showed a shot of Drew Barrymore and Jimmy Fallon. I thought they were just sitting together but when the Red Sox won there was a shot of the two of them on the field and Fallon dipped Barrymore and gave her a huge kiss. I guess they must be dating. Obviously I am behind in my celebrity news/gossip. I haven't watched ET or Access Hollywood in forever. I used to be the authority on anything that was going on in the celeb world. Now I usually just watch those shows after the Oscars because I want to see what everyone was wearing. Hey....maybe this is a sign that I actually have things going on in my own life.

On the homefront, everyone here is either sick or getting sick. All the kids have that cough and runny nose. I'm hoping that they will be better by Halloween. They want to go to their Sunday School party so badly, but I don't think it would be a good idea if they were still really sick. You know, spreading their germs and all. Jason is convinced that's how they got sick in the first place. Who knows?

Liane loaned me a few costumes to use on Sunday. For the Sunday School party, they have to dress up as something in the Bible. So Jules is dressing up like a lion. Well, really it's Simba the Lion King, but a lion just the same. Samuel is dressing like a cat. And if Abby goes she will be a dog. Liane also gave Abby a Barney costume but I don't recall there being any dinosaurs in the Bible. Especially an annoying purple one. I'm not dressing up, but I am taking cupcakes.

Sunday will be a busy day because after Sunday School, which will last til probably noon, we'll just change, eat dinner, and then likely change again to go out trick or treating. We want to take the kids out really early so we can be back in time to catch all the kiddies at our house. Other years we have missed most of them because we were late getting home. Previously we would travel up Keenans to take the kids to Jason's parent's house. But this year he told them that we're not. It's just too hectic to drive all the way up there for one house. If they want to see them they are more than welcome to come down here. If the weather is nice we are going to walk to the majority of the houses. Jason is off on Sunday, which helps immensely. I was worried that they were going to reschedule Halloween, like they have in the past when it fell on a Sunday. I never understood why they did that.

Last year was the first year that Jason and I dressed up along with the kids. We went as Sharon and Ozzy Osbourne. This year I'm going as Laverne from Laverne & Shirley and Jason is going as The Terminator. Not exactly your perfect match. I haven't yet decide which "Laverne" to go as yet. There's three options.
(1) Your normal Laverne - sweater with "L" on it, jeans, etc...
(2)Working Laverne - hankerchief on head, one rubber glove as I sent the other one it's way via a bottle, etc...
(3) Bedtime Laverne - Bathrobe with "L" on it, funny white thing clipped on my forehead to hold my bangs down, milk and pepsi in cup, etc....

I can't seem to decide. Any suggestions??


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|