Monday, September 27, 2004

So yesterday was my first day teaching Sunday School. It was a little hectic. Some more kids came this week that hadn't come last week. So we had to shuffle a few around. Now I teach grades one and two, instead of kindergarten and grade one. I also got moved to a smaller room which was already painted, so there goes the color dilemma. There is still just three girls in my class. Although yesterday there were four, as I had to take Abby with me. She behaved very well. She just sat and colored. I think next week she will be a little disappointed that she is not going. It's kinda cool to have my own classroom. We are going with a whole Fall theme. Yesterday, being so hectic, was just spent decorating. I even have their names posted on the door outside, just like real school. I'm not so nervous now. I can do this.

Later in the afternoon, Mom came over with food for the kids(of course). She was sitting with Jules and asking her about her time at Sunday School -what she did, etc... Jules was so sweet. She told Mom that she had prayed, and could even remember the first line. "Our Dad who works in Heaven". Mom and Kellie say that story is so cute and funny I should send it to Reader's Digest. Apparently they have a "kid's say the darndest things" section. I think I just might, for fun.

We watched some old home movies from when Abby was just a baby. It's funny to see Jules and Samuel when they were only two. They look the same, just squished. Little mini-me's of themselves. Mom said that it is a sin how fast time goes, and that soon they will all be in School. Then somehow we got talking about if I went back to work.(I say "back" as if I had somewhere to go back to.) She mentioned that when she retires in four years, I should take her job as a School Cafeteria worker. In four years, Abby will be going into grade one. Which means that I would have had one year home alone. Now of course, me being me, I am obsessing about a job that won't even exist for another four years! Last night I could barely get to sleep because I was debating if I would want to go "back" to work at all. There are so many pluses to working at the school. Summers off, snow days off, weekends off and working the same hours as the kids. For the first year or two they could just stay at the cafeteria with me doing their homework until 3:00pm. Then I could just drive us all home together. You only work around six hours a day. Mom said you won't make much money but I said it's more than I am making now. She even asked me if I wanted to sign on as a spare now. Basically I would just cover for someone when they were sick. But then I would have my foot in the door. I like the idea of increasing my chances, but don't particularly like the idea of working at all right now, as Abby is still so young. Like I said..........Obsess, obsess, obsess...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|