Monday, September 27, 2004

This Fall I made a resolution to become more involved in life. To participate in things outside of my house. So far I have signed up to do the Children's Wish Foundation Walk For Wishes, started teaching Sunday School, and now I have agreed to write a column for http://www.breadnmolasses.com. It's a DVD review column. Basically I will watch the latest DVD movies and then write a review. Roger's Video has been kind enough to sponsor me. They will offer me free rentals in exchange for free advertising. I am supposed to get my first movie today. I am very excited and a little nervous. Excited about getting to watch all the new releases for free, but nervous about my writing skills. I hope I can rise up to the challenge.

Last night as I was lying in bed, I started thinking about the last year. It has been a bit of a journey of self discovery for me. I remember back in January, I had made a New Year's Resolution ( another one) to "do" more. To stop talking about things and start doing them. And looking back, I think I have. I have gone to a local art show, attended local poetry readings, opened my own online store, started writing this blog, was published for the first time at http://www.mommytales.com and bit the bullet and hung a For Sale sign on the trailer. Not to mention all of the things listed above that I have done just this month. Granted there were stagnant periods, but over all not bad.

I think this journey is happening because I am edging close to 30. I really believe that 30 years is a milestone. I have to say I am embracing it. Bring on 40!! I have never been one of those women who lie about their age or shiver at the mention of getting older. To me, age brings wisdom. I know without a doubt that I am so much wiser than I was even just 2 years ago. I can only imagine how much I will know ten years from now. To all of you who do dread it, just think of the alternative............YOU"RE DEAD!!!

I am also reading the book Simple Abundance for the first time. It is helping me a lot. She is the one who began the act of keeping a gratitude journal. I have to say it is nice to look back and only read what you are blessed with, instead of all your complaints and lackings. I try to write in it every night but have missed one here and there. It really captures what women put them selves through. I highly recommend it.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|