Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Should I Start Giving These Some Sort Of Title?

Tonight they are throwing a baby shower for Christina and her new baby girl Jorja. Sherry and I are going but again, Mom and Kellie are staying home. Last week there was one forJanice who is due next month. Since Christina had a girl this time( she has three boys) people want to make a big fuss. Christina is scared that all she is going to get is pink, pink, pink......oh and great big "Scarlett O'Hara" dresses. We'll have to wait and see. I told her I would go through my old clothes and give her some of them. Sherry is still not one hundred percent sure she is done having kids so I can't just give her anything. I think just things we got new for Abby, nothing that she bought for her girls.

Last night Jason went playing hockey. Needless to say he can barely walk now. He hasn't played a game really since high school. He really hopes to get on a team in the Gentlemen League this year. So last night I had some quality time alone after the kids went to bed. Not that I did anything special. I just watched some t.v. and cut out some things out for Sunday School. Gilmore Girls was on last night. I love that show. Dean is becoming quite the pig, but I love what is going on with Luke and Loralie! They're so cute together. Then it was time for One Tree Hill. I just started watching this show at the very end of last season, but it's really good.

I have to make squares for the shower tonight. I'm going to try a new recipe. I mean how many times can one make Sweet Maries? The recipe is called Double Coconut Dessert Squares. I found it inside a box of pie filling. They look relatively easy to make.....I hope. I've kinda been on a coconut kick. Earlier this week I made a Coconut Cream Cake. It was really good if I do say so myself. I found that recipe on http://www.duncanhines.com . There are a lot of good recipe ideas there. I'm always looking for new recipes. You can get so bored making the same thing over and over again.

Oh and I actually did send Jules' cute story to Reader's Digest. You can do it online at http://www.readersdigest.ca. Pretty easy. And if they ever choose to publish it, you can get up to $200!! Now I'm like say something funny! I'll keep sending them in until they finally pick one. I know they said something funny last week....................What was that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|