Monday, November 29, 2004

I'm Back!

So.......I know it's been forever. Kellie keeps bugging me to blog. So much has happened, or at least it feels that way. I've decided that since there are too many things to talk about, I'm just going to list them very quickly. And maybe when I get more time I can go into more detail. So here goes.........

* My Grandad Coughlan passed away on Sunday, November 14th. He was waked for one day on Tuesday and then buried on Wednesday.

* My cousin Stacy Underhill or who we refer to as Stacy "the boy" surprised everyone by coming home for the wake and the funeral. A moment I will never forget. I still hear us gasping.

* We threw Grandad an Irish Wake Wednesday night over at Mom's house. Both Stacys came, along with Evan Coughlan. We all had a few drinks,.......then had a few more and swapped memories of Grandad. We had one of those nights that you know cannot happen twice. They're once in a lifetime, no rescheduling. Jason got to know Stacy, and in a way so did I, considering the last time he was in New Brunswick I was only 9 years old.

* I had a really hard, sad week missing Grandad. I couldn't really understand why I wasn't "better" yet. I mean I was literally praying for him to die so he and the rest of the family wouldn't suffer anymore. But I guess it just takes time.

* Almost got into a car accident after Sunday School last week. Well, not really an accident. I almost hit a parked cat that was the only one in a huge parking lot. I was very upset, having been in the basement of the church for the first time since the wake. It was really weird. Felt like saying where did everyone go?

* Finally got to go out for our "Girl's Nite". Sherry, Kellie, Carol, Christina, Judy and myself all went to the movies to see Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason. The movie was very funny. Still find myself saying "wiggly bits" and "scary knickers". After the movie we all went for dessert at Jungle Jim's. So wanted to go out drinking and dancing but had to settle for chocolate and chair dancing. Had a really good time. Must do it again soon.

* I have been staying up nights making ornaments for the Underhill Christmas Party or what I now fondly refer to as f**king Frostys. Last night was the last night........I hope. I find myself just wanting this party to be over, which makes me sad. I hope that it is just my tiredness talking. I'm sure once it starts it will be fine. It's just the planning and everything that drives me a little bit crazy. So far I have made and delivered invitations, wrote, printed and copied Christmas songbooks, and let's not forget 15 f**king Frosty the Snowmen.

* I have housecleaned only the livingroom so far. Am procrastinating doing the rest, especially Jules and Samuel's room. Am also procrastinating painting the kitchen. It's still not finished yet. Must do it this week, or die trying.

* My fish Bogie committed suicide, literally. Jason came out one morning and found him on the kitchen floor. He was dead, of course. The people at the pet store warned us he was a jumper..... The rest of our fish got Ick and died because we couldn't get their medicine to them in time. So now we just have an empty tank. Jason wants to get a heater so we can have tropical fish next. Have since decided against giving Mom an aquarium for Christmas. Too much death.

* We're still going to Moncton and are staying at Hotel Beausejour! It only took me 29 years, but I am finally going to stay at that Hotel. Every year I say that I want to go to Moncton shopping for Christmas, but never get to go. This year we are actually going and even get to spend the night sans kids! We're sharing a room with Kellie so it's not exactly a romantic getaway, but hey it's Hotel Beau! I can't wait to walk down Main St at night when it is all decorated for the holidays. I just hope there will be snow by then.

Jason just phoned to ask me if I wanted take the kids to the company Christmas Party this year. It's Sunday afternoon at the Rodd. It's going to be a busy week, let alone a busy month. Thursday is grocery day, Friday the kids have their first dentist appointment, Saturday is the Underhill Christmas Party and the Santa Clause Parade. But I said sure to going on Sunday. Hell, it's a Christmas Party where I don't have to do anything except show up. It's free, it's at the Rodd, the kids each get a present and maybe they'll even have food. Count me in!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|