Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Blue Moon

I know, I know.... I haven't blogged for ages. I guess I just wasn't in the mood. I'm been going through what some would call a blue period. During these times, I feel like I'm alone in the world; that no one else could possibly relate to what I'm feeling or going through, which of course is not true. I was inspired to write about it, but feared giving too much away. It's like you think some people have this image of you, and you wouldn't want to disappoint them. Not that I think everyone loves me or anything, but sometimes I do get the impression that people think I have a "perfect" life (my sister tells me so constantly). Not that I'm complaining or anything, I am very blessed. But even the most blessed person can have life problems. There's no such thing as "perfect".

My Grandfather is now in palliative care in the hospital. Which really means that he is dying. I expect the call at any moment. What's funny is that tomorrow, Remembrance Day, will be the tenth anniversary of my late Grandfather's death. What are the chances of both of your Grandfather's dying on the same day and of all days, Remembrance Day? I guess in a way it would be fitting. I never forget the day Grandad Underhill died because it fell on Nov.11th. On that day I don't just remember veterans, history, etc... but him as well. It would definitely be convenient, I guess, if I could do both on the same day. Just thought that was a little weird.

I posted a picture Stacy had sent me of the whole family out for Halloween. I didn't have any that included me and Jason. Halloween went ok, despite the bad weather. I started out looking not too bad as Laverne, but after just a couple of houses, I was a drenched Laverne. My hair had lost it's oomph. Which if you think about it, is exactly something that would happen to Laverne & Shirley. Jason didn't much care for how his Terminator costume turned out, but at least he had the guts to try.

I am trying very hard to focus on happy things right now. The kids, Christmas, etc... So right now I'm at least an aqua-marine. Progress!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|