Friday, July 14, 2006

Have to

I've gotten into this terrible habit of staying up late at night and sleeping in late in the morning. The first few times I was like yippee!, but now it's starting to get old. I miss my early mornings. I could have so much stuff done around the house by dinnertime. Now it's like I don't even start until after dinner. I've been so sick lately and sad(haunted even)..... but it's time that I just plain smarten the hell up! So today I plan to take back my house. To actually clean (not just tidy) up my house. And I'm just going to have to make myself go to bed early so I can get up early. Or get up early so I can go to bed early. Whatever works.

Last night I was in town to get groceries, and discovered that there is a lot of things on clearance in Wal-Mart. If money was no object, I could have stocked up on some really nice clothes. I did pick up a chip/dip party tray that is almost the same color blue as my kitchen/living room is going to be. It's very cute. I don't own party type dishes and always end up borrowing from Sherry. I'm planning on hosting a Christmas party this year, and might even break down and have a house-warming party. Plus, I always have my Oscar party, so the tray will definitely be put to use.


But what I was really excited about was that some kids bedding was also on clearance. Seizing the opportunity, I bought Jules and Abby each this comforter for their new bedroom. It was regular $60 on for $37. I don't know if you can tell by this picture, but each stripe is made of different materials - some satin, some velvet, etc.. The girls went wild for them when I brought them home. No shams or pillows came with it, just the comforter. But I'm thinking that I'll just make their bed with the comforter covering their pillow, and save the money. They had the shams there on clearance for $13 each. I just couldn't afford to buy them too. I told the girls that maybe we could buy them some little accent pillows in time. They also want mesh canopies to hang over their beds and those beady things to hang from the ceiling. There was no boys bedding on clearance that I could see. Samuel wants our old bed, so his will cost a bit more, because he will need size double, not just twin. He really wants a "Cars" comforter, but we had to explain to him that it just costs too much money.

Last Sunday, July 9th, we went for our first camping trip of the season. We thought it would be nice to try somewhere new, so we went to Oak Point. It was.....well......different. For starters, he has 26 seasonals (people who park their trailer there for the whole summer) and it seemed like almost all of them were from up home. Most of them used to camp at Bartibog, but since it's closed, they moved the few miles down river to Oak Point. You really have to feel a little sorry for the owner, because I don't know if he was prepared to be this busy. Jason and I are the type where we don't like knowing everyone at the campground - if ANYone! LOL. It's more of a get-away then for us. But down there, it felt like we might as well have been camping in the Blackville Park, there were so many familiar faces. The kids knew almost all of the kids there, which proved to be a bit annoying, by times. They were constantly asking to do things and go places because the other kids were doing it. The trees were mostly tiny, freshly planted trees, which gave no shade. And the bathrooms? Or should I say the bathroom? There was one little building which housed the bathrooms, male on one side, female on the other. And each one only had one toilet and one shower! The shower didn't even have a lockable door, just a shower curtain that you pulled across. I think it's not really an issue for him yet, because everyone else was in a larger travel trailer and had their own bathroom/shower. The whole time I was there, I never met up with anyone else in the washroom. Their pool is nice and heated, and you have a wonderful view of the bay. But other than that, I don't think we will be going back any time soon. The place has great potential. I'm sure that it will be very nice in a few years, after he renovates the washrooms, maybe opens a store and the trees grow larger.

We ended up leaving early and not staying the second night because a huge thunderstorm rolled in. We just managed to get the trailer all down right before it started to pour. Down there you are right close to the open bay. It can get quite windy on a clear day, let alone during a storm. The lightning was kinda scary. I'm glad we opted to come home.

Even through all of this - not liking the campground, kids acting up, thunderstorm, etc.. it still was nice to get away. It felt like that was the first day of Summer. That Summer had finally arrived. We want to go camping again soon, but this time to Daigle. However, Jason works all weekend, the Ex is next week, plus Jason's brother Chris and his family is coming home for a visit. So we're not sure when that will be.

And now I have procrastinated too long. I must go and tackle the house.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|