Thursday, July 06, 2006

Rockstar!!

"Can you say Rockstar?"

That's what Tommy Lee said last night to the future winner of the contest. At least I predict he will be the future winner. How cool would it be if another Canadian won? Another homeless one, at that? LOL. He seems perfect for their band, "SuperNova". He's been on the street since he was 15, so you know that he's seen and done it all. Nothing Tommy Lee, or any of the others, could do on tour would phase him. He knows who he is and has his own style. He totally rocked!

Others I liked were that African girl who sung Nirvana(those eyes!), the girl who sung Evanesence, and the Black Crowes dude(although I don't think he fits in their band). How funny was it when the guy sang Coldplay? I mean, I love Coldplay, but you could tell they were like "What the f*&k?". And Roxanne was just plain sad. Almost felt sorry for him. He's totally gone tonight.

In other news, Jason and I took a little trip to Fredericton on Tuesday, to get a part for the van. A new fuel pump costs $285+tx, while a used one in Fredericton costs $75. The choice was pretty simple. Even factoring in gas costs, it was still worth our while to make the trip. Because we got coffee in Doaktown, we had to make a pit stop to pee at the gas station on the corner of Kilarney road. Their washroom was....well....not the greatest. It had just the one unisex room which had both the flush and a urinal. The urinal was disgusting! Pubic hair! Need I say more? Their ceramic tile floor was all cracked, so it had a sign saying "Please watch your step". Jason and I both had to go, but I opted to go first. Just as I sat down to do my business, the power went off. There was no window in the bathroom, so the room went completely dark. Pitch black. I was like "Nice!". I think all the customers could hear me. Jason was laughing outside the door. I could hardly find the toilet paper roll. Jason reminded me that I had a cell-phone in my purse that could work as a flashlight. But first I had to find my purse. I had set in on the floor....somewhere. I was so scared I was going to touch that freaky urinal. Plus I could just see me tripping over the broken ceramic tile and my mouth hitting the frigging thing or licking the floor or some other gross scene from a Ben Stiller movie. LOL. Ugh! I couldn't help but think how Christina calls me "Susan".

On the way home, we put up some for sale posters, of the trailer, in Doaktown. And stopped at Greene's garden center. We bought a huge bleeding heart for me and one for Mom. I'm going to try and keep mine in the pot as long as I can, and see if I can plant it in the fall, next to the house. They said it stood a better chance that way, than transplanting it twice. I think Mom is going to plant hers on the lower corner of her house, under her bedroom window. This kind of bleeding heart spreads like crazy and gets really big.

I know it's pretty sad, but I can't wait until next year, when I can start planting things in a rock garden, next to the porch. Exciting! Darren should be calling soon, asking us to come and sign off on the final plans. Very exciting!! I've slowly started the packing process. Last week I packed away all of my wine glasses. It was kind of surreal. Like my green goblets that Mom bought me for my hope chest when I was still living at home. Or my crystal decanter set that Christina bought for us as an engagement present. It was kind of like "Jennifer, this is your life", as I looked back at the different stages of my life that each glass represented. It was cool to know that the next time they saw daylight, it would be to move into our new( and final) home.

Sherry reminded me this morning of all the 'drop-in' visits we will probably be getting, once we move in. Like all of Jason's relatives(or mine) that don't normally drop by. I guess that would be a pro of having a formal house warming, which Jason and I do not want to have. We were thinking more of a party where we send the kids away for the night, invite only our friends and have a little drink. More of a "We finally got our house!" celebration. I don't know what one should do, in this situation. Sherry said it would only be 3 hours of our lives, that we should grin and bear it to prevent the numerous drop-ins. But then I think, how many relatives will be dropping in? Really? Oh well, it's not like we don't have a few months to think about it. LOL. No need to worry about that now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|