Tuesday, March 27, 2007

At Last

Today Jason and I decided to do some things that we've been talking about doing for quite awhile. Jason took a huge pile of recycling to the bin in Blackville and we bagged all of our bottles and placed them in the back of the van. So the next time we go to town there will be no excuses.

When we got married, my Aunt gave us a "Keenan" sign that she had painted herself. It's one of those "established 1998" ones - the year we were married. I used to have it hanging in the kitchen, behind the door, when we lived in the trailer. I would dream of the day I could hang it on my house outside........and today was the day! I cannot say how excited I was!

Also, two years ago, I bought an Anne of Green Gables wind chime at Avonlea Village in PEI. It is one of my favorite places in the world. I never hung it. Never really took it out of the box. I was saving it. I told myself that I would not hang it until I could hang it off the eave of my porch. There were times when I thought I would never get the chance. But today I did it. I could have cried. I seriously cannot say how special this was for me. I hung outside my bedroom window so I could go and look out at it and remember. Remember how blessed I am to have this house. Remind myself of how I feel when I am on the island. But most importantly, to remind myself that dreams do come true, if you believe long enough.

It's funny how something so small, like the act of hanging a wind chime, can lift your spirit. Feed your soul. Simply bring you happiness.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|