Friday, August 31, 2007

...and I never wanted anyone to say to me, How come you never take me to the airport anymore?

I should so be in bed now. Definitely going very soon. Sleepover went well. The kids had a really good time, as I knew they would. Mom got up and checked them at 3am, as I knew she would. Well, the rational part of me knew anyway. The irrational part kept asking her if she wanted me a 3am wake up call. She of course declined. The movie was also very good, as I knew it would(sorry, just seeing how far I can go with this). I'm not sure who is the bigger star in that film - Matt Damon or the director. I just love the cinematography. It makes you feel like you are walking through the streets with him. The sound was really good too, especially this one part where the glass is shattering. Awesome! And of course it had amazing fight sequences. The Bourne Ultimatum....see it,....if you haven't already.

Today was a lovely rainy day. I say that without even a hint of sarcasm. I've always oddly enjoyed rainy days. Gives you permission to stay home and do nothing. And that's pretty much what I did today. Well I did get the kids to give their rooms a thorough cleaning, do a little bit of laundry, and the usual bed making and sweeping....but really nothing major at all. Instead I listened to some Carol King and Otis Redding, slow cooked a roast for supper and watched When Harry Met Sally for probably the hundredth time. Love it! Who cares that I literally know every line they are going to say before they say it. It's a classic. I also got a touch of the (gasp!) Christmas spirit today. I know, I know....I will try not to mention it again. Just sometimes I can't help myself.

Tomorrow we are planning on going across the river to camp for the night, where I will try to remember to "throw it like a Frisbee and aim for the holes", obvious advice courtesy my lovely Aunt Donna.

Before I retire to the boudoir, I must tell a quick story from earlier in the week. Harry Potter & the Prisoner of Azkaban was on CBC. Anyone who knows the story knows that the character of Lupin is a werewolf. My husband has a phobia of werewolves. An odd phobia, I know, considering werewolves do not exist, but so it is. Anyway, when the movie, which had some howling werewolves scenes, was over we went to bed. We had the bedroom windows open since it was such a nice night outside. Jason set his alarms and I was writing in my journal when we heard howling. At first I dismissed it as an echo in my mind from the movie. But then the howling happened again...and again....and again. I turned to Jason. We exchanged looks. And he promptly got up out of bed and closed the windows. LOL. The look on his face was priceless. Just thought it was ironic that the coyotes would howl at that exact time.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|