Sunday, September 02, 2007

Fall In

Summer vacation is officially over. Tomorrow will be filled with baths, braids(girls' choice for first day of school) and butterflies...in my stomach, that is. This Summer was everything I wanted it to be. Calm. That was all I ordered, all I wished for. Calmness. And God delivered. So why then, do I feel so sad? Like I never got my fill? I guess everyone feels like that. Summer is smart.....it always leaves you wanting more. No one ever gets sick of Summer.

Right now Jason is gone up to Blackville to pick up a movie for him and I to watch, once the kids go to bed. He and I plan to enjoy a glass of wine, some snacks and frankly each other, one last time before we are thrust into the world of homework, bedtimes and everything else that comes with school, for another year. Then the countdown will begin for Thanksgiving,...Remembrance Day....and before you know it, we'll all know how many weeks there are until Christmas(16, if you're interested).

I must admit that I am feeling the urge to become more organized. I dare say I am looking forward to it. One of the perks of having all your children in school, is that you can tackle a job like housecleaning a room or organizing the basement, and not have to stop to referee a fight, check the girls sugars, or listen to them constantly asking you when lunch is going to be ready. If you wanted to, you could even (gasp!) skip lunch altogether. I'm not sure how long this nesting period will last. A week? A month? Who knows?

What I do know for sure is that Fall is coming whether we like it or not. So I'm choosing to like it. To focus on all the things that I enjoy about this season. The crisp air, colorful foliage, decorating the porch, etc... And you know I am dying to dig out my sweaters! I am such a sweater girl.

Anyway, time to get the kids ready for bed. Jason has returned with Premonition starring Sandra Bullock and that guy from Nip Tuck, whose name escapes me.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|