Friday, July 21, 2006

Not To Blog

We have had quite the busy week. Kinda put a wrench in the whole "blog more often" plan. So much to tell and talk about. The easiest way seems to be chronologically. So here we go....


*Monday*
Today was Jason's first day off from work. After sleeping in a little together, we managed to get out of bed. The night before, he had to stop mowing the lawn half way through, because of a thunder storm. So I mowed the other half, while Jason got ready to go to town with his father. Our van needs a new radiator, so he was going on the hunt for a used one. There was supposed to be an old van in douglastown that had one that would fit. After finishing up the lawn, I tidied up the house and packed another couple of boxes. I packed all the kids breakable ornaments that were on the shelf in Abby's room and pretty much all of my books. I think I made a packing boo-boo, because I put all my books into one large box. Yeah. Didn't really think that one through. I'm running out of boxes now. I'm going to have to go and hit up some stores for some more. Hey Stacy! Whenever you unpack a box, throw it my way and I'll take it off your hands. LOL. Jason returned empty handed. It seems that rad didn't match after all.
Later on, the kids went up to Jason's parent's house, while he and I went on a date to the movies. I wore my new skirt. I really like it. It took some getting used to. I'm so used to wearing scooters, that I was constantly worried that it was going to fly up with the wind and show everyone my underwear. It didn't. Jason said it looked really nice. Gerdie had taken the kids up to their house with our van, so we could take their air conditioned car. Man! Was it hot! I had turned the AC down because I had actually started to get cold, but as soon as we opened the door at the theater, the humid heat hit you right in the face.
We saw Pirates of the Caribbean II. It was really good. Much darker then the last one, although it has been such a long time since I saw the first one, that I might be wrong. I just know that it will be a long time before I can let my kids watch this one. They actually watched the first one. We would just fast forward through a couple of scenes or the kids would just hide their eyes. They were quite disappointed that they didn't get to come too. Johnny Depp is just....... what words can accurately describe him or do him justice? "Yummy" comes to mind. LOL. Orlando Bloom wasn't bad either.
Jason's brother Chris and his family were supposed to be at his parents house by the time we got there to pick up the kids. But as it turned out, they had decided to stop and sleep in a motel along the way. They'll get here sometime on Tuesday.
*Tuesday*
Another hot one! They were calling for a humidex of 43 degrees! So Jason did our annual hanging up of the blankets and towels to separate the kitchen and dining area. It looks crappy but it helps our air conditioner to work better. It's too small for such an open space to make any difference when it gets extremely hot out....Like say 43 degrees. I had bought a large bleeding heart plant when Jason and I had gone to Fredericton. I had hoped it could live long enough in the pot until I could transplant it close to our new house, but it didn't look so good. Lots of yellow leaves. So I decided to plant it close to the kids playhouse. I was outside digging a hole when a strange car drove in the driveway. Jason was vacuuming out our old cars to get them ready for sale, so I ran over there to get his attention. It was someone coming to look at the trailer. Ugh! I cannot say how much I hate these drop-ins. I mean, here it is the hottest day of the year. It's in the early morning. I'm in the process of packing plus I have 3 kids. I ran in the house first to quickly pick up anything that was on the floor. But there were dishes in the sink, boxes in the dining area, and did I mention we hung up blankets and towels? Needless to say, they won't be coming back with money in hand, anytime soon. Good news though....Talon called and our house plans are in, ready to be approved. We made an appointment for tomorrow at 1pm.
Chris and his family landed at dinner time. So the whole family took a shower(not at the same time) and headed up to visit. His kids have grown up so much! Justin is now 17 years old. He doesn't believe in drinking alcohol at all and plays guitar in a heavy metal band. They play gigs around their community and play all of their own songs. He just got back from Europe. He and his girlfriend were there for 15 days. Jessica is now 13 and a half years old. She is deep into the martial arts. She has a green belt which I think means she is half way to a black belt. She's been doing it for 2 or 3 years now. You should see her work a broomstick! I guess her specialty is the double knumb-chucks. The kids went crazy for her. Naomi showed us pictures of their new house. It's really nice. One of those multi-level ones like Randy's. Nice neighborhood. A cul-de-sac like Knots Landing.
Margaret and Gerdie barbecued a ton of stuff. Steak, pork chops, bacon wrapped chicken, a ton of potatoes, hamburgers and hotdogs with strawberry shortcake for dessert. We introduced the city folk to the game of washers. Chris is now addicted. Later Chris, Jessica, Jason, me and the kids all went for a walk. Jason slipped and fell into the brook, soaking his shorts. Chris was impressed that Jason managed not to spill his beer. Priorities. :) We got home at around 9:30pm.
*Wednesday*
We slept in again. The kids were played out from running around yesterday. Kinda lazed around a little bit too long. Then had to do the mad rush to get ready to go to town to sign off on our houseplans. Brought them some Tim Hortons to make up for being five minutes late. Our plans look beautiful! So surreal. They did make a few minor mistakes which have to be corrected plus I added a couple more plug-ins, but other than that, everything looked great. He told us our house is expected to be delivered on September 8th! Awesome news considering when we ordered it, he estimated very late September. It could even come earlier than that, depending on how things go in the plant. They dig the basement 2-3 weeks before the house comes, which means we gotta get busy packing and moving the trailer! Sends me into a panic when I think about it.
We went to Tyra's for dinner. It is really nice in there. If you haven't been in, you should, even just to get an ice-cream. It's painted really cool. I got a chicken burger with onion rings. It tasted good but my burger was made up of three small pieces of grilled chicken instead of just one large piece, so it kept falling apart on me. :( Mom and Sherry and her kids met up with us to have an ice-cream and to look at our plans. They think the house is going to look beautiful too.
After that, we were off to the Ritchie Wharf to meet up with the Keenan's again. They had gone on a boat tour of the river. They were just getting back when we got there. They were leaving to go to the Ex in Chatham and asked us to go with. We had been planning on going on Thursday but said why not? As it turned out Wednesday was kids day, which means one coupon a ride for children. I really wish they would advertise that stuff. I called Sherry, who was severely pissed because she had just been in town. We all got on the scrambler together. Jules was paired up with Jason, Samuel with Jessica and Abby with me. It was her first time. She was just barely tall enough to get on. I was worried that she might get scared, but when I got off my face hurt from laughing because Abby giggled and laughed the whole time.
It was another blistering hot day, especially standing back in that field with no shade. They must have made a fortune selling bottled big 8 water for $2 each. In one of the flea market exhibits, they were selling washer games for only $20. Jason and Chris each bought one. Now we can take our own set camping instead of borrowing Dad's. We parted ways with them, as they were headed to Wal-Mart and we just wanted to go home. We did stop at Parks though, where Jason enjoyed a banana split and I a strawberry shortcake. It was delicious! They use real homemade tea biscuits, not just those spongecake cups. Yummy!
Earlier in the day, Mom and Sherry, had stored some things they bought in the back of the van. So we ran over to drop it off. We just missed Valerie and Leslie. They were delivering the criteria for the family weekend at Preston and Karen's. It's happening in only two weeks! Man, is time flying! Mom washed up the kids for me in her tub. Thanks Mom! We were all so exhausted. Ended up not coming home until after 10pm.
*Thursday*
Abby was up all night coughing. Got no sleep. Jason and I ran around trying to get the house all clean because Chris and them were supposed to be coming down here. Just as we finished, they phoned and said they're going to Boisetown to the museum. Oh well, at least the house was clean now. The phone rang again and it was that lady wanting to come and look at the trailer tonight. Did I write about her yet? She called a few days back and said that her trailer burnt down. Everything gone. Needs a new home. But she lives all the way in Norton, so I didn't think I would hear from her again. Apparently, she has since searched her area for a trailer in her price range and found nothing. She has received help from her church and her family and now has enough cash to buy our trailer(we're giving her a deal). She wants to come and see it. She has no idea what it looks like or anything, so I described it as best I could. I find it hard to believe that she would ever buy it because she lives so far away and it would cost a fortune to move it. But she seems desperate to have her own home again. She said if they do end up buying it they would want it ASAP, like this week! Wild. Her father is supposed to come with her and look at it tonight.
We decided to go travel again with the Keenans. We met up with them at the Tim Hortons in Doaktown. From there we went looking for the Priceville footbridge. We ended up driving all over this long country road which just suddenly ended in a man's yard. Seriously. Took a wrong turn somewhere. Finally found footbridge but was on the wrong side. The touristy, easier to get to side, was across the river. Too funny. I got the kids to sign the bridge and I wrote "The Keenan Family was here on July 20, 2006" and a little "Jason + Jennifer", like when we were kids. Then we got back in the van and managed to find the other side. Much nicer. Jules and Samuel were not scared at all of crossing the bridge, of course. I, on the other hand, was petrified. I don't do heights well. I stepped out just a little bit, and that was good enough for me. We all tried our hand at skipping rocks in the river and then we were off again.
The Boisetown Woodsmen museum hasn't changed at all. I remember the Whooper train being larger, but I could be wrong. Not much new to see at all. The kids had fun though, which is all that really matters. While we were there, Naomi said, "Jennifer, Justin wants your autograph. He thinks you look and sound just like Reese Witherspoon". I wish I looked like Reese. Sound like her? I guess I must have been saying "y'all" a lot or something. LOL.
We stopped for an ice-cream and then went back to their house for another BBQ. This time just hamburgers and hotdogs. Samuel cried when we went to leave.(imagine!) Chris and family are leaving for Moncton tonight but will return on Saturday night. Then they are off to PEI on Monday for a few days, and then back to Ontario.
When we got home the trailer lady called and said she couldn't make it tonight because her father had to work late. But she is still planning on coming some time over the weekend. Jason and I lined up the two cars we now have for sale, on the front lawn. It looks like we are moving out west or something. The big for sale sign on the house and two vehicles with for sale on them, next to the road. Kinda sad really. Hit me. Like you could actually hear the door closing on one part of our lives. Dad came over and tried out our new washer game, while Mom had the kids over at her house shooting off caps in the back yard. Gotta love a summer evening.
* * * * * * *
And there you have it! Now you're all caught up. Samuel asked me this morning if we were going to go somewhere today, and I was glad to say No! I was going to try to get Abby into the doctor but his machine says he is on vacation until Aug 14th. Hopefully she's not too sick and it's just been this muggy weather. Today I am just relaxing and enjoying the rain. I will miss hearing it's sound on my roof. So far, all I've really done today is write this. I will flickr pics later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|