Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Love? Peace? Rock on!?

You know that hand gesture that all those rock stars do? They stand on the stage, raise both arms high, and then they do that thing with their hands. The one where you hold down your two middle fingers with your thumb, leaving your index and pinky finger sticking up. Well,.....not to admit to my un-coolness, but..... what exactly does that mean? Anyone?

I always just assumed it meant "rock on" or "peace/love". Is this right?

My kids came home from school last week and said that "this"(hand gesture) was sign language for "I love you". They kept doing it to me through out the rest of the day and insisted that I do it back.

So fast forward to the next day.

I dropped them off in the school parking lot. I'm standing there watching them walk in.(I like to make sure that they actually make it into the school before I leave). We wave to each other. And then they both turn around at the same time, raise one arm up high, and do the "rock-on" with their hand. So I, of course, raised mine and did it back.

I'm not sure what the other parents would think seeing these sweet little kids and their mom signing to each other like this. But I thought it was quite funny and cute. They look so sweet "rockin - on".

Let's just hope that it doesn't mean something obscene like "fuck you" or something. Now that would be funny wouldn't it? LOL. Mom always did call me "Sharon". Then I would have my own Kelly and Jack too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|