Friday, August 04, 2006

Gonna Have A Good Time....If It Kills Us!

We moved our tent trailer over to the Coughlan's last night. This weekend is the annual Coughlan Family Weekend. Freda and Vance are home this year so it's making it all the more special. She hasn't been home again since Grammy's funeral. I think it must have been very hard for her to walk into that house again. It seems so empty now. So quiet. They are staying there for the duration of their visit(about 2 weeks). And then, as soon as they leave,.....we're moving in!

Jason has finally acquired a trailer hitch and wheels. This moving thing is actually going to happen. With all the stuff that has been going on with Jules, I really hadn't been thinking at all about the house. When we were in the hospital, we thought we could never get excited about it(or anything ) ever again. Now that we are home again though, the same problems that we had when we left, are of course, still here. Like not having enough room. I must say I still can't wait to have that kitchen. A pantry! Imagine! Right now we are living surrounded by boxes. It can get claustrophobic. I haven't packed anything since we came home. So there is still so much to do.

But wise or not, we are taking the weekend off. Jason is actually on vacation again. He found he was just too exhausted. Plus he couldn't keep his mind on his work. His was always wondering how we were doing at home. Now he doesn't go back until next Monday. Awesome! We have had some great days lately. Everyday it seems to get better. I still worry when I think about school starting, but like I said, we're taking the weekend off!

Hopefully we will all have a good time. This year they've added a talent show to the schedule. Jules and Abby are all set to sing. Samuel not so much. He's not into it. A lot more people are supposed to be sleeping over this year in tents or trailers. Ian & Tracy, Hollie & Danny, Jamie & Sandie, Morgan & Denise and Lisa & Sydney are all sleeping with us this year. And I think there might even be a few more. Me, Sherry, Hollie, Ian & Aunt Donna all have our trailers over there already. Christina is supposed to take hers over tonight.

I have decided to let myself consume a little alcohol. At first, I wasn't going to drink any because I was scared of not having my wits when it came to checking Jules at night. But Jason and I both agree that hey, we could use a little drink right about now. LOL. So I'm going to take my little 4-pack of coolers and Jason is going to grab a six pack of beer. Not exactly what you call alcoholics, are we? When you consider that we will probably have the odd drink starting in the early evening and stretch into the wee hours, it shouldn't really amount to much at all.

Oh well, I should go and start tidying up the house. I've procrastinated long enough. Somethings never change. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|