Saturday, September 09, 2006

The moment I wake up, Before I put on my makeup....

I have a coffee!

(I also say a little prayer for you, in case you were wondering)

I am officially a coffee drinker. How the heck did this happen? Well I think it might have something to do with the fact that it is an addictive stimulant. No?

I really think it was all that time spent in the Moncton hospital. They have a Tim Horton's stand right in the lobby. And well.... when you're there for a week, stressed and never getting any sleep... you do turn to caffeine for help.

I'm still not a regular coffee drinker, though. I'm more of a specialty coffee drinker. A coffee snob, if you will? Think Niles Crane without the money. I turn my nose up to plain old coffee, have no urge what so ever for a double-double. At Tim's I will usually get a cafe-mocha or an iced cappuccino, depending on the weather. I will however, drink a cappuccino from those crappy machines at the Irving, which Niles could never do. I've actually started craving those too. Weird. I've had to fight the urge to stop and get one every morning after dropping the kids off at school. Sadly, some mornings I lost that battle.

So Thursday night, while buying groceries, I bought my own coffee. Yes, it's just the instant kind. No money for fancy machines. But now every morning, there I am boiling water to make a french vanilla cafe. And it tastes good!

So ....... now that I know I have an addictive personality. I guess smoking can't be too far behind? Crack? Coke? My options are limitless. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|