Sunday, September 17, 2006

Sunday morning, rain is falling..

Well actually it's not raining. I just like that song. :)

I sent off my first email to a fellow family with diabetes. I hate to admit it, but it does help knowing there are other people out there going through the same thing. There's even some who have two children diagnosed. I subscribed to their email listing and now I'm just constantly receiving posts from other parents. They're discussing everything from pumps to pets with diabetes. It's very informative and I know I'll really be interested when we get a pump.

I really cannot wait til we are back home again. Living here, in Grammy's old house, has been great. Therapeutic even. But it's not home. I find I've really been letting things go here. Like our healthy eating habits. I don't know if it's just living here or if it's caused by this summer's events. Lord knows I've been known to eat while I'm stressed. Jason and I both fell off the wagon big time and drank a lot of Pepsi. I even started craving it again. So we've had to kick the habit again and start anew.

I really want to start fresh and I think moving into our new house is just the springboard we need to do that. So much has changed in our lives. We can't go back to the way it was. So I've decided we have no choice but to embrace it and move on. To somehow turn it around and make it a good thing. Somehow. This spring we will be going to Moncton to participate in the Walk For A Cure. It would be great if I wasn't huffing and puffing the whole time. So as soon as I get home, I'm really going to try to get on Mom's treadmill again. My goal is to get one of our own. I had been thinking of joining the local gym here, but right now we so cannot afford it. We are supposed to gather up a group or team of runners/walkers for the walk. Usually it's family members and close friends, so anyone who wants to join us is more than welcome. I think it doesn't happen until May or June, so you have plenty of time to think about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|