Thursday, May 10, 2007

You Are My Sunshine....

Yesterday the weather was beautiful. It's about time! Abby and I sat out on the porch to watch the kids get on the bus and even that early in the morning, there was no chill in the air. Love it!

We put the tent trailer up, which is always exciting. But this year it was a bit more emotional. The last time it had been up was when Abby got diagnosed. We had been camping in Daigle and had to pack up quickly to get to the hospital. I'm usually really good with having it all clean and ready to set for the winter, but under the circumstances, I never got around to it. So when we walked into it, I was sad to see the condition it was in. Needless to say I have my work cut out for me. I think once I have it all clean, then I will be ok. It's so silly, but just knowing where that dirt came from bothers me. I'm suddenly taken back to that day. It is August 12th. Jason is gone to find a local drugstore to buy urine strips. We know we have to dip Abby's urine to see if there is any sugar in it. It is a gorgeous sunny morning. I sit on the picnic table and take pictures of the kids playing in the playground. I know. I don't want it to be true, but inside I know it is. I stare at Abby as she smiles at me and laughs. She has no idea.

Yes. I need to clean the trailer out. To wash away the past and start fresh. It will be a good summer this year. Full of camping trips and swimming pools and sunny days. Maybe we'll even make it to Fundy. I had all intention of cleaning it out today, since it is supposed to be nice again. But I just got called to go into work. So now it will be my project for the weekend, I guess.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|