Thursday, September 27, 2007

Walk On

I have embraced the fact that all my kids are in school. In fact I'm past embracing and am now down right enjoying it. Every morning, after sending the kids off on the bus, I take a moment to drink my coffee and then I go out for a walk. These walks have really helped me. I'm not walking as part of some exercise regimen to lose weight, but simply because it makes me feel good. I plug my iPod in, listen to whatever song happens to come on and I'm off. I come back feeling pumped and ready for the rest of the day.

It is so strange because at first I was walking just because I had made a promise to myself that I would. I made myself go. I would pray for rainy windy days that would make it easier to say no, let myself off the hook and stay home. But it's become a habit now. I find myself looking forward to it, enjoying it. On the days that I don't go for some reason, like when I have to go to town or the kids are home sick, I really miss my walk. It's just a little bit of time spent alone with myself. Yes, I am home alone all day, but here in the house, there is always something that needs to be done, something you feel like you should be doing. But out on the road, for that brief period of time, it's just me and the music.

I think I'm hooked.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|